Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto V
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2015, 00:36 

How do I set the FoV to what I want if I don't know what defaults the game uses? It'd be nice to have that info included if the settings are going to be additive rather than absolute.

PostPosted: 16 May 2015, 17:52 

Abram wrote:
WelI found why my game often crashes when i try to go to the pause Menu (Escape). It's enabling Eyefintiy that does it. I tried turn off many options with no effect, then once I sent to single screen, not a single crash. Poop. The file responsible for the crash is atidxx64.dll. I am running those Beta drivers and have also tried with a clean install. Still crashy.

But single screen will have to suffice. I noticed the surprisingly small rise in framerate when I went from 6042x1200 to 1920x1200. a real testament to how well they made this thing.

So has anyone else had the Multi-monitor+ Pause Crash thing, or am I juat lucky?

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Also having two graphics cards and three displays in Eyefinity-configuration...can't play because the game will crash in 8 out of 10 times when opening the pause menu :(

Did you find any solution for this?
Tried everything... (Settings.xml, disconnect USB-devices, check if files are corrupt, try several drivers, ...).

PostPosted: 17 May 2015, 19:27 
Insiders
Insiders

StarGeneral wrote:
Abram wrote:
WelI found why my game often crashes when i try to go to the pause Menu (Escape). It's enabling Eyefintiy that does it. I tried turn off many options with no effect, then once I sent to single screen, not a single crash. Poop. The file responsible for the crash is atidxx64.dll. I am running those Beta drivers and have also tried with a clean install. Still crashy.

But single screen will have to suffice. I noticed the surprisingly small rise in framerate when I went from 6042x1200 to 1920x1200. a real testament to how well they made this thing.

So has anyone else had the Multi-monitor+ Pause Crash thing, or am I juat lucky?

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Also having two graphics cards and three displays in Eyefinity-configuration...can't play because the game will crash in 8 out of 10 times when opening the pause menu :(

Did you find any solution for this?
Tried everything... (Settings.xml, disconnect USB-devices, check if files are corrupt, try several drivers, ...).

Not yet. Just tried with the 15.4.1Beta drivers and the latest game update. No change. I've a ticket open with R* support, but they're proving as useless as any other support team. Well, at least they get back to me...

For me, the culprit file is atidxx64.dll. is this the case for you, too? I'm hoping the next major driver update will help.

PostPosted: 18 May 2015, 16:57 

Yes, that was the case for me too.

In my case i found a solution to this together with the Rockstar support. As long as i do not use bezel compensated resolutions (my setup: 5858x1080), the game runs fine in 5760x1080. As soon as i switch back to 5858x1080 the error when opening the pause menue is back there again.

Hope this works for you too?

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 10:08 
Editors
Editors

5858 is not a multiple of 3, so there's that... Maybe switching to windowed mode (Alt+Enter) before using the pause menu would help.

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 23:02 

heres a little fixed exe for cinemascope (21:9). it changes the value for cutscenes and hud placement from 16:9 to 21:9. have fun

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10631122/GTA5_21-9.rar.html

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2015, 03:55 
I Donated
I Donated

zens wrote:
heres a little fixed exe for cinemascope (21:9). it changes the value for cutscenes and hud placement from 16:9 to 21:9. have fun

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10631122/GTA5_21-9.rar.html

This doesn't seem to work for me. The loading screen is stretched out and when I get to the menu , it asks me to activate my game which is already activated. I'm using the steam version. Can you post the source or figure out what the problem is?

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 19:33 

hi Razed, sry about that activation i have no clue, my fix is/was for the rockstar version btw..

...here is the updated exe (v.1.27)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10685612/GTA5_21-9_blackbar_fix_v.1.27.rar.html

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2015, 17:45 

zens wrote:
hi Razed, sry about that activation i have no clue, my fix is/was for the rockstar version btw..

...here is the updated exe (v.1.27)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10685612/GTA5_21-9_blackbar_fix_v.1.27.rar.html

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I am having a problem with this exe. =(

When I use this, I get prompted by social club to activate my account. I use my cd key from steam and I get a message saying that this cd key has already been used. I can't proceed to playing the game. =(

Luckily, I backed up the original .exe and this still allows me to play when I revert back to it.

Any ideas to get around this?

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2015, 19:11 

im sry, but i dont own the steam version. but if u send me your executable (gta5.exe) i could patch it for u!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next