Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2015, 13:29 

Hello at all,

my wife and myself like to play together. I am searching around what we could play next, the problem is "her taste".

Well, we played a long time Lotro what she really loved, but the design of questing and the sum of bugs made us move along after almost 4 years.

World of Warcraft, oh my, well, yeah, its sometimes fun, sometimes hell, and she misses the good story telling.
Age of Conan, until leaving tortage great, and then she lost the interest.

Baldurs Gate, and like that, round based and too old graphic for her.

Divinity Original Sin, round based, and only english with german text, well, yes our english is ok, but we cant loose ourself into the game when its english.

So i am searching for any other tip.

It should be a fantasy game with classes, not Diablo III, no hacknslay, it may be a mmorpg, but it should have a good story, and we prefer regular subscription instead of micro transaction.
And it would be nice if it would support eyefinity, otherwise i get stucked with my hardware.
On the other side i think a FPS coop with a very good story could be her taste.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

1st: [email protected], MSI X58 Pro-e, 24 GB Tripplechannel 1333, TUL R9 280X and Powercolor 7970 @ Crossfire with 2x Samsung 226CW 1x Dell P2210 @ 5040x1050 and Iiyama 2250MTS @ 1920x1080, Bequit Darkpower P8 1200W, G13, G15, G35, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Rudder, Saitek Yoke, Obutto R3volution Cockpit
http://ralfesser.de

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2015, 05:25 
Editors
Editors

FPS Coop with very good story? Such things exist?

If we're Talking about MMO's whats your opinion on Elder Scrolls Online? i really like this game because all quests are voiced and most of them are fun to fulfill.

Most RPG's do not have a multiplayer or Coop modus as they're focused on "you" as the sole hero, sadly. If anyone can list some i'm curious as well.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2015, 14:17 

Well Divinity Original Sin is like Baldurs Gate with Coop Option.
Point is, why we /she does not like to play,
Round Base combat
klick on ground to run to that point
no free view angle

But the game itself looks really nice

Elder Scrolls Online, well played to level 20, im not sure why, but its not my taste... Combat feels so slow, played Templar and went to rvr and healing is a mess. The design of the healer classes, what i primary play, is not what i like. Its a cool game, i guess with the right people you can enjoy.

1st: [email protected], MSI X58 Pro-e, 24 GB Tripplechannel 1333, TUL R9 280X and Powercolor 7970 @ Crossfire with 2x Samsung 226CW 1x Dell P2210 @ 5040x1050 and Iiyama 2250MTS @ 1920x1080, Bequit Darkpower P8 1200W, G13, G15, G35, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Rudder, Saitek Yoke, Obutto R3volution Cockpit
http://ralfesser.de

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2015, 01:08 
Editors
Editors

Oh Coop RPG's....
Have you ever played HellGate London?
I'm not sure if there is a LAN modus, but the game is now free to play as Hellgate Online.
i really liked that game as a "let's play 2-3 hours every 2-3 weeks" entertainment.