Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 May 2024, 19:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 02:28 

http://kotaku.com/5896538/they-hope-baldurs-gate-will-revive-the-classic-rpg

Beamdog wants to work with modders, using some of the old code they've developed over the years, to get the enhanced editions of both games to the point where neither one needs to be modded at all.

The desktop versions of both games won't be changed much, Tofer says. They'll have higher resolutions and full-screen modes, as well as "working" multi-player, but they won't look too different from their original incarnations in 1998 and 2000.

Ooooooo! Cespenar gets fullscreen!

I fondly remember playing BG and wishing, hoping, dreaming, ...maybe just being damn foolish... one day I would be able to play in fullscreen. Fullfuckingscreen. A reality upon us! At our door!

On the other hand, Tofer says the iPad version will be a "radical departure from the interface." The text will be bigger. You'll be able to pinch the screen to zoom in and out. You'll be able to gesture between screens instead of clicking the tab. The whole game might be zoomed in a little more.

Maybe they should rename it Baldur's Gate IPad Edition

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 13:55 
Insiders
Insiders

BG2 had a fullscreen mode. You press 'H' and the interface disappears.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 18:04 

Yep yep.

I am not even sure that is the fullscreen they are talking about.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 19:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Im fairly sure that you could have run baldur's gate 2 in any resolution you wanted without any major issues. I guess it is the same for BG1 - I bet there is an easy ini edit which would allow to change the game resolution to any desired one.

I kinda feel like dusting off those 6 cd with BG1...

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 19:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Im fairly sure that you could have run baldur's gate 2 in any resolution you wanted without any major issues. I guess it is the same for BG1 - I bet there is an easy ini edit which would allow to change the game resolution to any desired one.

I kinda feel like dusting off those 6 cds with BG1...

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 05:10 
Insiders
Insiders

You needed a mod to run it at any resolution, otherwise it was capped. and when you did use a mod, nothing would scale, everything would just get smaller at higher resolutions.

That being said it looks very disappointing so far.. they should just skip the PC version till they can get some 2012 graphics. I'm not asking for Witcher 2 here, but at least Trine quality.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2012, 03:43 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118241-Beamdog-Already-Planning-Paid-DLC-for-Baldurs-Gate-Overhaul

If you've been waiting with bated breath for the release of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition this summer, you'll apparently have some more of the game to look forward to in the form of downloadable content. Overhaul Games' Trent Oster, who founded its parent company Beamdog, announced that the game would be supported with paid DLC after release. In a tweet this morning, Oster stated, "We'll be doing free feature improvements and existing content improvements as we go, but we are also planning some paid DLC."

Good to see they are focusing on finishing the original game before cranking out the DLC.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2012, 21:10 

http://kotaku.com/5928997/baldurs-gate-is-back-new-characters-dungeon-coming-september-18

PC and Mac versions of the game will run you $20 unless you pre-order, in which case they'll be $18. They'll come with three new playable sidekicks: half-Orc Blackguard Dorn (whose head is pictured below), half-elf Wild Mage Neera, and human monk Rasaad. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will also feature a new dungeon called The Black Pits, set within the Underdark, that tasks you with fighting your way through fifteen levels of arena-style battles.

This version of Baldur's Gate will also feature the classes, kits, and races that were available in Baldur's Gate II. It squashes a whole bunch of the original version's bugs and also offers cross-platform multiplayer among all versions.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2013, 04:44 

BG1 and TOTSC has been fully done in the NWN2 engine by some modders.

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/794//?

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013, 03:52 

http://baldursgate.com/

Quote:
We recently removed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from sale on Beamdog and the Apple App Store. We've taken this step at our publishing partner's request as we attempt to resolve a number of contractual issues.

Quote:
This also prevents the launch of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. I sincerely apologize to the series' fans and promise we are working diligently to remedy the situation.