Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 15:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006, 09:42 
Editors
Editors

Ok ... an update ...

After the first level it runs really badly with the Next Gen stuff ... :roll:

Down to about ...
1920x1200 everything at max including Next Gen ...................... 18 -30 fps ... when the action hots up ... :cry:

... and there are lots of graphical glitches ... :roll: :(

Lara looks much better with the Next Gen stuff all be it with a few things missing compared to that screenshot from 3D Gamers ... :?

New Patch here ...
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tombraider7/downloads/

The Readme ...
Tomb Raider: Legend by Crystal Dynamics - retail v1.1 patch

This patch addresses the following issues:

- various performance problems
- stability problems
- controller problems

Warning:
The patch does not yet completely resolve the performance issues with the activated Next-Gen content on NVIDIA cards.
NVIDIA actively works on an updated driver that should fully address the problems.

After installing the patch I found it did help with the frame rates a bit but not enough ... I guess what is needed is those updated drivers from Nvidia ...
Some of the graphical glitches are gone ... some are still there ... :roll:

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006, 11:51 

2. in this one you can see some odd artifacts on lara's skin in the second shot, not sure what's going on there but it was very noticeable to me while playing.
2A. next-gen content enabled

2B. next-gen content disabled

3. this is pretty much the same spot as the 3dgamers shot, and the shot paddy took. also you can see some more weird graphics glitches in the second shot around lara's legs.
3A. next-gen content enabled

3B. next-gen content disabled

Unless you're talking about something else, the "artifacts" you're talking about in that second pic is actually what happens to Lara after she gets wet. Its a cool looking effect from far away, which is the normal camera angle the game presents.

And those "weird graphical glitches" around her legs in the fourth shot is a poor attempt at reflection (or possibly refraction). Keep in mind that the non-next gen version was primarily developed for the PS2, and for what it is, I still think it looks pretty good.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006, 08:02 
Editors
Editors

I have some weird artifacts aswell. Especially when i enable AA i get these weird flickering gray planes all over the place.
I also get a thin white line at the top and the left side of the screen. :?
This occurs in some levels worse than in others.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006, 22:20 
Editors
Editors

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/04/12/nvidia_fixes_tomb_raider_legend/

nVidia have apparently fixed a few issues with Next Gen Content in TR:L...

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006, 22:57 
Editors
Editors

Thank you ... :D

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006, 23:01 
Editors
Editors

No probs, mate.

Sheer random chance I noticed it this evening... ;)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006, 10:53 

Sweet, I was just gonna post here about my issues with TRL lagging for no reason too :D... And sure enough, a patch for it already. Whew... I was honestly gonna return the game if it wasn't being fixed. It wasn't playable on my machine... yet Oblivion was fine, lol. Anyways, I'll maybe get to play the game tomorrow. Also one cool note, the 360 controller on PC for this game works by default without configuring controls. It's nice, more games should do that that go multi-platform!...

PostPosted: 13 May 2006, 10:44 

Anyone still having a prob with the next gen content even after applying the patch? It may be that I'm running the DELL 3007 at 2560x1600 but with next gen switched on it becomes completely unplayable.. Gutted. I'm running 2 7800 GTX XXX editions in SLI so was hoping it might just be playable but no luck..

PostPosted: 13 May 2006, 14:00 
Editors
Editors

Hello ...
Are you using the TR-L profile in the Nvidia settings ?

BTW ... from the System Specs in the Profile Page ...
System Specs:
Use this block of text to display your system specs. There is a 512 character limit. Please no images.

Please keep the text (colored text is fine) between sizes 9 and 11 (using BB Code). Run your specs horizontally (rather than vertically),
and limit to four lines at normal forum width.

PostPosted: 13 May 2006, 16:45 

Sorry this should do it.. I didn't realise the system specs were actually going to appear as a sig.

Until you mentioned it I had totally forgotten about the profiles in nvidia settings - have never used them to date. Do they make a great deal of difference? Will give that a go thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next