Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Darksiders III
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018, 09:35 

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Darksiders III

Darksiders III is an action-adventure game. Players take control of Fury, sister of War and Death, two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, from a third-person perspective. Fury, a mage who is described as the most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen, relies on whips, swords, flails, daggers and magic in combat.Fury can take on multiple different elemental forms in order to enhance her combat capabilities by granting her new weapons, attacks and traversal abilities. One of these many forms is a Flame form.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by wadood on 11 Dec 2018, 15:01, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Re: Darksiders III
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018, 01:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Cute... I see all these fixes that deal with downloading exe's and so on. (Last time I recall, neither of our fixes required hacked/cracked exe's and stuff like that, as we always did it at run-time).
I also see all these fixes that don't get the FOV right... the exe FOV modification is one of the hackiest of hacks!
And I also see that no one up-to-date managed to fix the UE4 UI problem!

Well... until now :)

Hayden also did all the heavy lifting and we almost have a universal way of enabling Surround/Eyefinity in Fullscreen (Exclusive) something no-one bothered to look at...again.
And we also have a way to properly calculate the FOV based on the single screen FOV value.
And now perfect UI (yes, mouse interaction and all that works perfectly fine).

Now, don't get me wrong! I really love that people here are still active and there are some new persons who provide fixes! I really do!!!

Will, I release a proper fix, for this? Depends, if people are actually interested or not!

Cheers!
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018, 01:59 

wow looks great @helifax :) would love to see hud center on ultrawide setup

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2018, 04:45 
I Donated
I Donated

helifax wrote:
Cute... I see all these fixes that deal with downloading exe's and so on. (Last time I recall, neither of our fixes required hacked/cracked exe's and stuff like that, as we always did it at run-time).
I also see all these fixes that don't get the FOV right... the exe FOV modification is one of the hackiest of hacks!
And I also see that no one up-to-date managed to fix the UE4 UI problem!

Well... until now :)

Hayden also did all the heavy lifting and we almost have a universal way of enabling Surround/Eyefinity in Fullscreen (Exclusive) something no-one bothered to look at...again.
And we also have a way to properly calculate the FOV based on the single screen FOV value.
And now perfect UI (yes, mouse interaction and all that works perfectly fine).

Now, don't get me wrong! I really love that people here are still active and there are some new persons who provide fixes! I really do!!!

Will, I release a proper fix, for this? Depends, if people are actually interested or not!

Cheers!
Helifax

Nice! Any chance we can download what you have?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2018, 23:16 

Here's a vote to have this proper fix made public.

Will donate.

That being said, my impression over the last 2 years or so, is that the high quality fixes associated with widescreen fixer and flawless widescreen, have been infrequent. I don't think I 've seen anything from Hayden in a long time.
Wonder if he still plays games.

As such, I have been donating to those folks who have stepped in to attempt to provide solutions, albiet imperfect. Without these efforts, as inelegant as they may be, the titles with support for ultrawide/triplescreen would be few and far between.

This niche must be tiny, because developer support is not increasing. But the experience is so outstanding, one can't go back. I don't play single screen games anymore, I'm so spoiled. If a developer does support, I tend to get the game. (Recently, tomb raider, and Immortal Unchained, which is a sleeper hit and baddass in triples).

For that reason, I have taken to donating quite robustly for titles I'm interested in. I should have donated more when Helifax and Hayden fixes were common, but I was in a different financial situation then.

Here's to the community! PC master race!

A few of the games of the top of my head I would like to see properly fixed by community efforts:

Dragon's quest XI
Final Fantasy XV
Sunset Overdrive

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2019, 04:33 

@helifax would also love to have centered HUD for this game!

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2019, 14:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi guys,
Sorry for the long wait!

I actually just released this for the 3D Vision Community over at the Nvidia 3D Vision Forums:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 9/#5957559

If you want to centre the UI and don't want to play in exclusive fullscreen, follow the steps 3, 8, 9.
If you want to centre the UI and want to play in exclusive fullscreen, follow all the steps!

This addresses only 3xWide Resolutions! (I don't expect it will work under 21:9 Apect ratio).

Enjoy! And do let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 02:51 

helifax wrote:
Hi guys,
Sorry for the long wait!

I actually just released this for the 3D Vision Community over at the Nvidia 3D Vision Forums:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 9/#5957559

If you want to centre the UI and don't want to play in exclusive fullscreen, follow the steps 3, 8, 9.
If you want to centre the UI and want to play in exclusive fullscreen, follow all the steps!

This addresses only 3xWide Resolutions! (I don't expect it will work under 21:9 Apect ratio).

Enjoy! And do let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

Works fairly well. HUD is centered perfectly. In-game menus are also centered however to use them with mouse I have to move mouse to edge of screen a number of times depending on which side of UI I need to press buttons on (it 'skips' back to the other side, and seems that I still have 3 screens, but the mouse shows on middle one always? It's kind of weird but I figured out how to make it work). Overall great work thanks for the fix, super appreciate the work @helifax !

EDIT: Do you think you will release this as a fix in Widescreen Fixer? Or perhaps Hayden's Flawless Widescreen?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 12:48 
I Donated
I Donated

Thanks Hayden and Helifax! Keeping the true support alive.