Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2017, 23:44 

Trick Of Light wrote:

How do I install this?

Forgive me if I'm being a noob, but if I drag and drop the files into the Andromeda directory my game wont start.

Just copy them in the game folder and launch the game from Origin :) easy[/quote]

I did do that, but my game wouldn't start after I tried it. Any ideas?[/quote]

Try to have Origin repair your game files: it won't affect these since they didn't overwrite any of the game files.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 00:39 

LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:

I have no idea why you see those flashes. I replayed that section and I have zero flashes there :-s
This fix should eliminate all the flashes that were previous when using FWS.

Going to try again with VSync on :) just playing the game.

One question: is it normal that shaders takes a bit more of time to compile with the fix on?

are you using an SSD for the game and have just installed the WIN10 creators update?

the update reactivated superfetch on my PC... which slows SSDs down to a crawl (about the speed of HDDs...)

Shader compilation took noticeably longer suddenly... 's how I noticed the superfetch... turned that off again... game runs like a weasel dunked in lube again... :D

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 09:59 

SpikedSouls wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:

I have no idea why you see those flashes. I replayed that section and I have zero flashes there :-s

One question: is it normal that shaders takes a bit more of time to compile with the fix on?

are you using an SSD for the game and have just installed the WIN10 creators update?

the update reactivated superfetch on my PC... which slows SSDs down to a crawl (about the speed of HDDs...)

Shader compilation took noticeably longer suddenly... 's how I noticed the superfetch... turned that off again... game runs like a weasel dunked in lube again... :D

This game deserved its space on my Games SSD, so yes, Windows did an update yesterday (not sure if it was the Creators Update yet) but it was doing it quite a lot before that as well.

Thanks for the hint on Superfetch, I'm going to check with Samsung's Magician SSD tool :D

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 18:19 

Trick Of Light wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Here is the fix (wrapper + shader) that removes the blackbars in Surround.
Now I haven't tested it on AMD Eyefinity or 21:9. I only run 3D Surround.
But 99% chances are it will work for everyone;) If not, I am sorry :(
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Download link: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/Ma ... d_Only.rar

Let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

How do I install this?

Forgive me if I'm being a noob, but if I drag and drop the files into the Andromeda directory my game wont start.

Same for me. I hear "beepboop beepboop" and the game process takes up some processing power but the game never actually runs.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2017, 16:37 

For me the new fix is working like a charm. No black flickering anymore during cutscenes. It's now pretty much perfect in 21:9 (3440x1440). Thanks again helifax!

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2017, 20:33 

LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'm playing with VSync on, and have seen no flashes at all so far.

Also, thanks to @SpikedSouls shaders loading seems better now :)

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 02:54 

Game will not start for me either after extracting the files to the ME Andromeda directory. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 16:39 

Maverick618 wrote:
Game will not start for me either after extracting the files to the ME Andromeda directory. Am I missing something?

that should do it, that did it for me and game starts normally

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 16:41 

helifax wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:
I watched the video. I see the screen flashing a few times. Other than that I can't see anything wrong there...
I've done the Asari Ark plot (which is where the video is from) and everything looks fine on my end.
What am I looking at exactly?
You can always revert to use FWS if that fix works better:)

Those black full screen flashes, I wasn't expecting them at all, and I belive they're a major issue?

Maybe it's tuned to multiple screens instead of 21:9?

Without the fix, I have no flashes at all.

In an optimal world, there would be no flashes, everything would go smoothly as during the game or other dialogues, either way I (personally) would stick to black bars.

Flashes like this are really bad for my eyes so I hoped you could come up with a solution, since this last fix does wonders in terms of how smooth it integrates :)

Still, I thank you lots for the great job done, I'll try continue playing with the fix on, hoping it happened only in that fragment, on that mission, due to the lighting conditions or whaterver, and I'm open to suggestion on what I could do to try and avoid that if you can't do anything on your end.

(PS: I'm playing with the game settings maxed up and no VSync enabled)

Found another instance where I experience flashes, worse than before: while landing on Havarl, the screen goes black for almost all the landing with brief flashes of the Tempest descending at the beginning, and then showing it at the end.

May it be something with the lighting?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017, 17:29 

LuPoNe wrote:

Found another instance where I experience flashes, worse than before: while landing on Havarl, the screen goes black for almost all the landing with brief flashes of the Tempest descending at the beginning, and then showing it at the end.

May it be something with the lighting?

Tried to replicate this... did not encounter such an oddity...

can you try to set the game to a 16:9 resolution, exit, then restart the game, land on havarl, go back to the Tempest, set the game to a 21:9 resolution, exit the game, then restart it and land on Havarl again?

somewhat lengthy process, sorry, but it should reload the shaders...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next