Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017, 19:35 

Peer_Review wrote:

What they are saying good sir is; If you would be so kind as to give us a little information about your computer then we could lend a hand. It is understood that you are correctly placing the files in ME:A's directory and that is what is causing the problem. So it is some other variable messing with things. So lets get you fixed up shall we?

Fist up, what are you specs, Do you run SLI or Crossfire, and what resolution are you playing at? If you have Nvidia what is PhysX setting set to. Have you tried changing that to CPU? Also if on Nvidia have you changed anything with Nvidia inspector or in Manage 3D settings. If you have, reset them to default then tweak them again once we get everything sorted. If On an AMD GPU have you changed any tessellation settings, or have any global settings overridden? If so set them back to default for the time being.

Next; {This would be the most likely cause of problems) Are you running any other overlays that could interfere (Geforce Experience, Rivatuner standalone or one that came with Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX. If so Is it set to hook into the framebuffer or viewport? Is Origin's overlay enabled? If so try and disable it. Are there any other overlays Razer, ASUS ROG etc... Remember this fix is not a memory hack like the other. It is hooking into DirectX itself. This is a very common method used by many different utlities and they might be clashing. Are you using SweetFX, Reshade, or any other shader suite? If so which one and what version # is it. Do you have DXtory, or Fraps running. Do you have the Steam version of Display Fusion? If so have you made any changes to the viewport that overrides your display driver's?

3rd: Do you have an overclock on your GPU. Frostbite can have issues with certain overclocks set to various speeds. For example on my system If I set the core clock to 96 {a multiple of 12) it is fine, but 100 will quickly throw a dxgi device removed error. Nvidia cards have also historically favored Multiples of 13. AMD cards never were sensitive to those things (For me at least, though I've not owned any AMD cards since 7970 ghz ed. so that may not be the case still). Yet the game engine might not like certain numbers. Perhaps dial it back a little if you have an aggressive overclock. Ideally you should remove it until you get this working then re enable it. That goes for any tweaks really.

4th: What display driver are you on? The newest one for your platform, What version of Windows are you on? If on Windows 10 do you have the creators update?

5th: Are you passing any commands to the game at launch? Either via the launch commands dialogue in Origin, or adding them to target for a shortcut. How about a User.cfg file in the ME:A directory to tweak things like motion blur, readaheadlimit, or tessellation? If so remove any launch commands or user.cfg files for now.

6th:Have you started Modding the game yet? There is already a basic toolkit out by Warranty Voider, and mods have already appeared the Nexus. Or have you yourself changed any game variables with it?

7th:Have you tried using the repair game function on Origin? If not give that a whirl.

8th:Do you have a legit copy or the game, or are you using a cracked version? There's nothing to be done if you don't have a legit version. (Not an accusation, just covering all bases.)

Now these are the type of thing we need to know to help you. None of us know them through voodoo, burning bushes, or sorcery and so forth. Help us help you, and please try not to be obstinate about it good sir. There is a limited set of things (read: Zero) we can do without having your computer in front of us. I do understand being irritated about not being able to play the game properly. Especially if you are (Like most of us I would guess) a huge fan of Bioware games; and have been waiting in anxiousness for a couple years to get our hands on a new Mass Effect game. One with loot and item drops, && crafting like an actual RPG again no less.

So with all that said, hit us with some answers so you can get back to Pathfinding already. :twothumb:

Thank you for actually trying to offer some real help, much appreciated.
specs: 6700k, fury x, 16gb ram, 1tb ssd

havent changed anything in Radeon Settings for MEA.

i use MSI afterburner and RTSS. have tried disabling both, no change. Origin overlay disabled. Not using sweetFX or Reshade, no FRAPS etc. tried turning off ReLive as well.

no GPU overclock.

do not have Windows Creator update, current build is 14393. most recent AMD driver.

no launch commands. have tried repairing twice now, no such luck. also not using a custom user.cfg
no mods.
i have a legit copy of the game, bought on Origin.

I apologize for being an asshat, but that first response to my initial request for help was a bit grating as it literally parroted back what I first posted. :oops:
Thank you again for offering to help. I am using the FWS fix atm, and that working fine-ish, the black bars arent too distracting. Would be nice to get this better fix working tho. I have spent a lot of time now trying to troubleshoot it myself, bit frustrated that nothing seems to work.

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 04:55 

oxide7 wrote:
Trick Of Light wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Here is the fix (wrapper + shader) that removes the blackbars in Surround.
Now I haven't tested it on AMD Eyefinity or 21:9. I only run 3D Surround.
But 99% chances are it will work for everyone;) If not, I am sorry :(
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Download link: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/Ma ... d_Only.rar

Let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

How do I install this?

Forgive me if I'm being a noob, but if I drag and drop the files into the Andromeda directory my game wont start.

Same for me. I hear "beepboop beepboop" and the game process takes up some processing power but the game never actually runs.

SpriggsyUK wrote:
Got another instance of it not launching correctly and causing a beeping noise took a video as well for reference https://youtu.be/ZSXuBtoocGw

Hello! I'm similarly having the same issues as these two users after installing helifax's fix, where the game won't launch, makes a beep boop noise and then runs in the background without actually loading.

PC Spec
AMD FX6300, XFX RS RX480 8GB, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
I'm also currently running AMD's latest drivers, and am also on the W10 creators update.

Has anyone found a solution to getting the game to launch and not Boop like Sombra? :)

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 10:03 

Being a simple user like you two, and making an educated guess here, I see two common factors:
1. Windows 10 Creators Update
2. AMD card

While I would assume that the latter would be very unlikely, given the wide range of issues that the former still holds, I could safely assume that it would be the Windows Creators Update changes that don't "talk" with the 3D Migoto libraries of the second "easy" fix from Helifax

I don't have an AMD card, but I don't have the Creators Update either, so they're the only two factors I can think of, and to rule them out, we would need more feedback from other users.

PostPosted: 03 May 2017, 11:06 

LuPoNe wrote:
Being a simple user like you two, and making an educated guess here, I see two common factors:
1. Windows 10 Creators Update
2. AMD card

While I would assume that the latter would be very unlikely, given the wide range of issues that the former still holds, I could safely assume that it would be the Windows Creators Update changes that don't "talk" with the 3D Migoto libraries of the second "easy" fix from Helifax

I don't have an AMD card, but I don't have the Creators Update either, so they're the only two factors I can think of, and to rule them out, we would need more feedback from other users.

Win 10 creators update installed: check
NVIDIA card here...

no problems with the fix...

PostPosted: 05 May 2017, 03:00 

So it's sounding like it might be an AMD card issue getting Helifax's fix working. Terribly sad. Hopefully Helifax comes back and takes a look, or i'll just have to get by with the Flawless Widescreen fix with the black back flashing.

Help me, Helifax! you're my only hope. :geek:

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 19:59 

Patch 1.06 is out: no proper 21:9 fix.

3D Migoto fix from Helifax still works, I've noticed a little performance hit though (but it also may be windows 10 preparing the system update + my older CPU)

PostPosted: 10 May 2017, 20:57 

LuPoNe wrote:

3D Migoto fix from Helifax still works, I've noticed a little performance hit though (but it also may be windows 10 preparing the system update + my older CPU)

can confirm...

something interesting (in an amusing way): if the game is in windowed mode, it will adapt to whatever aspect ratio the window takes... on the fly... just resizing the window to whatever will do... only for widescreen up to triplewide (possibly even more) squishing the window horizontally just cuts off the sides...

anyway... like I said, just something amusing...

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 03:23 

LuPoNe wrote:

It looks like the new patch actually broke 21:9 support. The game seems to think that 21:9 is the same as 4:3. All the GUI elements are pushed toward the center, where they weren't just yesterday. It is most noticeable in the Nomad with the mining interface open. I tried it with and without Hellifax, and it made no difference.

Pretty lame.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 07:11 

theblacklaser wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:

It looks like the new patch actually broke 21:9 support. The game seems to think that 21:9 is the same as 4:3. All the GUI elements are pushed toward the center, where they weren't just yesterday. It is most noticeable in the Nomad with the mining interface open. I tried it with and without Hellifax, and it made no difference.

Pretty lame.

I have noticed this same issue also. Cannot tell if it's due to something from the old fix or if they broke this for every single ultrawide user. Please help Helifax!

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 12:06 

Helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Here is the fix (wrapper + shader) that removes the blackbars in Surround.
Now I haven't tested it on AMD Eyefinity or 21:9. I only run 3D Surround.
But 99% chances are it will work for everyone;) If not, I am sorry :(
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Download link: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/Ma ... d_Only.rar

Let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

using this with 1.05 everything was fine... still works with 1.06 but some of the HUD elements are out of place, specifically the quest objective display in the top right is now moved in towards the center, underneath the right side of the compass

thanks for your work on this!

edit: it's the entire ui basically... scrunched in real far
Attachment:
ScreenshotWin32.jpg
ScreenshotWin32.jpg [ 1.94 MiB | Viewed 4426 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next