Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 05:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017, 15:06 

Hey guys, Helifax, LuPoNE, our saviors, is there a fix yet for Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia 3?!?! Pls find,make fix I beg u!! it's almost unplayable, but is unenjoyable! Thx.
So outraging, ridiculous, dissapointing having realtime custcenes blackboxed. And yes, I don't care about character popping in, I mean that shouldn't be reason or at least they should have an option for letterboxing!! I understand on a multimonitor setups there may wouldn't be enough space for ex in aroom to spawn characters, but on 21:9, I'm sure!! They should keep this in mind in every situation and spawn them at the most possible distance, time this so they come in 16:9 area at the right time cuz yeah, that matters tzhe most. YET. Or just ahve an option for to letterbox or not as I said. Just cause 3 does this way, we barely see popping in only a few times, so for, at least for me, I'd take this to have all custcene in native glorious fullscreen 21:9 or whatever!!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017, 20:41 

LuPoNe wrote:
Maverick618 wrote:
Game will not start for me either after extracting the files to the ME Andromeda directory. Am I missing something?

that should do it, that did it for me and game starts normally

Can you not read? I did extract the files to the ME:A directory. The game will not start. So 'that should do it' is not a helpful response at all. Cool its working for you, but talk about pointless advice.

Does anyone have anything helpful that might resolve this issue? I am not the only one in this thread experiencing the fail-to-launch after using these files.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2017, 21:12 

Maverick618 wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
Maverick618 wrote:
Game will not start for me either after extracting the files to the ME Andromeda directory. Am I missing something?

Can you not read? I did extract the files to the ME:A directory. The game will not start. So 'that should do it' is not a helpful response at all. Cool its working for you, but talk about pointless advice.

Does anyone have anything helpful that might resolve this issue? I am not the only one in this thread experiencing the fail-to-launch after using these files.

If those with that problem would give a bit more information than just "duh, it's not working, help me...", maybe, just maybe, you could get a proper answer...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 11:40 

Maverick618 wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
Maverick618 wrote:

There's no need to be rude, I'm a simple user like yourself, and the only thing I did was to copy it over in ME:A folder.

Are you launching the game through Origin? Does it start without these file in its folder? Start from the basics, explain yourself and, to our extent, we may try and help.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 19:35 

Hey everyone bit late to buy this awesome game (original patch 1.05 origin) What files needed can someone link the LASTEST working fix for 3440x1440 ? and how to do it TY SO MUCH

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 02:46 

SpikedSouls wrote:

If those with that problem would give a bit more information than just "duh, it's not working, help me...", maybe, just maybe, you could get a proper answer...

lol :roll:

I extract the folders to the ME:A directory. This causes the game to not launch. Remove files, game will then launch.

Thats it. Its very straightforward, and I have now posted basically the same thing 3 times. Not sure what you think is being left out here. The only advice given to solve this in this thread has been 'just extract to the game directory'. Clearly not the solution, since that is the cause of the problem in the first place.

Again, Im not the only one in this thread that has reported this issue. I am open to suggestions that might actually be helpful, and I would assume others with the same fail to start issue would also find it helpful.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 07:24 

Maverick618 wrote:
SpikedSouls wrote:

I extract the folders to the ME:A directory. This causes the game to not launch. Remove files, game will then launch.

Thats it. Its very straightforward, and I have now posted basically the same thing 3 times. Not sure what you think is being left out here. The only advice given to solve this in this thread has been 'just extract to the game directory'. Clearly not the solution, since that is the cause of the problem in the first place.

Again, Im not the only one in this thread that has reported this issue. I am open to suggestions that might actually be helpful, and I would assume others with the same fail to start issue would also find it helpful.

What they are saying good sir is; If you would be so kind as to give us a little information about your computer then we could lend a hand. It is understood that you are correctly placing the files in ME:A's directory and that is what is causing the problem. So it is some other variable messing with things. So lets get you fixed up shall we?

Fist up, what are you specs, Do you run SLI or Crossfire, and what resolution are you playing at? If you have Nvidia what is PhysX setting set to. Have you tried changing that to CPU? Also if on Nvidia have you changed anything with Nvidia inspector or in Manage 3D settings. If you have, reset them to default then tweak them again once we get everything sorted. If On an AMD GPU have you changed any tessellation settings, or have any global settings overridden? If so set them back to default for the time being.

Next; {This would be the most likely cause of problems) Are you running any other overlays that could interfere (Geforce Experience, Rivatuner standalone or one that came with Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX. If so Is it set to hook into the framebuffer or viewport? Is Origin's overlay enabled? If so try and disable it. Are there any other overlays Razer, ASUS ROG etc... Remember this fix is not a memory hack like the other. It is hooking into DirectX itself. This is a very common method used by many different utlities and they might be clashing. Are you using SweetFX, Reshade, or any other shader suite? If so which one and what version # is it. Do you have DXtory, or Fraps running. Do you have the Steam version of Display Fusion? If so have you made any changes to the viewport that overrides your display driver's?

3rd: Do you have an overclock on your GPU. Frostbite can have issues with certain overclocks set to various speeds. For example on my system If I set the core clock to 96 {a multiple of 12) it is fine, but 100 will quickly throw a dxgi device removed error. Nvidia cards have also historically favored Multiples of 13. AMD cards never were sensitive to those things (For me at least, though I've not owned any AMD cards since 7970 ghz ed. so that may not be the case still). Yet the game engine might not like certain numbers. Perhaps dial it back a little if you have an aggressive overclock. Ideally you should remove it until you get this working then re enable it. That goes for any tweaks really.

4th: What display driver are you on? The newest one for your platform, What version of Windows are you on? If on Windows 10 do you have the creators update?

5th: Are you passing any commands to the game at launch? Either via the launch commands dialogue in Origin, or adding them to target for a shortcut. How about a User.cfg file in the ME:A directory to tweak things like motion blur, readaheadlimit, or tessellation? If so remove any launch commands or user.cfg files for now.

6th:Have you started Modding the game yet? There is already a basic toolkit out by Warranty Voider, and mods have already appeared the Nexus. Or have you yourself changed any game variables with it?

7th:Have you tried using the repair game function on Origin? If not give that a whirl.

8th:Do you have a legit copy or the game, or are you using a cracked version? There's nothing to be done if you don't have a legit version. (Not an accusation, just covering all bases.)

Now these are the type of thing we need to know to help you. None of us know them through voodoo, burning bushes, or sorcery and so forth. Help us help you, and please try not to be obstinate about it good sir. There is a limited set of things (read: Zero) we can do without having your computer in front of us. I do understand being irritated about not being able to play the game properly. Especially if you are (Like most of us I would guess) a huge fan of Bioware games; and have been waiting in anxiousness for a couple years to get our hands on a new Mass Effect game. One with loot and item drops, && crafting like an actual RPG again no less.

So with all that said, hit us with some answers so you can get back to Pathfinding already. :twothumb:

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017, 21:00 

Peer_Review wrote:
Maverick618 wrote:
SpikedSouls wrote:

What they are saying good sir is; If you would be so kind as to give us a little information about your computer then we could lend a hand. It is understood that you are correctly placing the files in ME:A's directory and that is what is causing the problem. So it is some other variable messing with things. So lets get you fixed up shall we?

Fist up, what are you specs, Do you run SLI or Crossfire, and what resolution are you playing at? If you have Nvidia what is PhysX setting set to. Have you tried changing that to CPU? Also if on Nvidia have you changed anything with Nvidia inspector or in Manage 3D settings. If you have, reset them to default then tweak them again once we get everything sorted. If On an AMD GPU have you changed any tessellation settings, or have any global settings overridden? If so set them back to default for the time being.

Next; {This would be the most likely cause of problems) Are you running any other overlays that could interfere (Geforce Experience, Rivatuner standalone or one that came with Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX. If so Is it set to hook into the framebuffer or viewport? Is Origin's overlay enabled? If so try and disable it. Are there any other overlays Razer, ASUS ROG etc... Remember this fix is not a memory hack like the other. It is hooking into DirectX itself. This is a very common method used by many different utlities and they might be clashing. Are you using SweetFX, Reshade, or any other shader suite? If so which one and what version # is it. Do you have DXtory, or Fraps running. Do you have the Steam version of Display Fusion? If so have you made any changes to the viewport that overrides your display driver's?

3rd: Do you have an overclock on your GPU. Frostbite can have issues with certain overclocks set to various speeds. For example on my system If I set the core clock to 96 {a multiple of 12) it is fine, but 100 will quickly throw a dxgi device removed error. Nvidia cards have also historically favored Multiples of 13. AMD cards never were sensitive to those things (For me at least, though I've not owned any AMD cards since 7970 ghz ed. so that may not be the case still). Yet the game engine might not like certain numbers. Perhaps dial it back a little if you have an aggressive overclock. Ideally you should remove it until you get this working then re enable it. That goes for any tweaks really.

4th: What display driver are you on? The newest one for your platform, What version of Windows are you on? If on Windows 10 do you have the creators update?

5th: Are you passing any commands to the game at launch? Either via the launch commands dialogue in Origin, or adding them to target for a shortcut. How about a User.cfg file in the ME:A directory to tweak things like motion blur, readaheadlimit, or tessellation? If so remove any launch commands or user.cfg files for now.

6th:Have you started Modding the game yet? There is already a basic toolkit out by Warranty Voider, and mods have already appeared the Nexus. Or have you yourself changed any game variables with it?

7th:Have you tried using the repair game function on Origin? If not give that a whirl.

8th:Do you have a legit copy or the game, or are you using a cracked version? There's nothing to be done if you don't have a legit version. (Not an accusation, just covering all bases.)

Now these are the type of thing we need to know to help you. None of us know them through voodoo, burning bushes, or sorcery and so forth. Help us help you, and please try not to be obstinate about it good sir. There is a limited set of things (read: Zero) we can do without having your computer in front of us. I do understand being irritated about not being able to play the game properly. Especially if you are (Like most of us I would guess) a huge fan of Bioware games; and have been waiting in anxiousness for a couple years to get our hands on a new Mass Effect game. One with loot and item drops, && crafting like an actual RPG again no less.

So with all that said, hit us with some answers so you can get back to Pathfinding already. :twothumb:

Can u link / explain me where is THE patch 1.05 3440x1440 FIX is it just copy paste .exe or ini edit ? plz explain cannot play this game until i get rid of black bars cutscenes

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017, 06:53 

Maverick618 wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
Maverick618 wrote:

Personally I would have no interest in helping this guy.

But.....fortunately for him helping him, might help another user who isn't quite as rude.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017, 14:42 

StreaMRoLLeR wrote:

Can u link / explain me where is THE patch 1.05 3440x1440 FIX is it just copy paste .exe or ini edit ? plz explain cannot play this game until i get rid of black bars cutscenes

Quoted from Helifax:
helifax wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Here is the fix (wrapper + shader) that removes the blackbars in Surround.
Now I haven't tested it on AMD Eyefinity or 21:9. I only run 3D Surround.
But 99% chances are it will work for everyone;) If not, I am sorry :(
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Download link: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/Ma ... d_Only.rar

Let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

It's not an exe, just a bunch of DLL and a folder with a configuration file.

Open up Mass Effect Andromeda's folder, where the exe is located, copy there those files AND the folder, then launch the game.

They should not overwrite anything, since you're just adding files that were not in the folder, and to remove it, you just delete those files.

That's the only/proper way to install it.

Said that, with the exception of pre-rendered cutscenes, everything else will not be blocked.

If you browse the previous forum pages you will find the FlawlessWideScreen plugin fix, which needs to be fixed in its configuration files in order to work properly with patch 1.05, while the rar I've posted before doesn't has any patch issues.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next