Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 01:23 

Helifax - I have a similar setup to yours but get constant VRAM crashes on Ultra at 5760x1080. Is this your experience too?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 01:31 
Insiders
Insiders

transam617 wrote:
Helifax - I have a similar setup to yours but get constant VRAM crashes on Ultra at 5760x1080. Is this your experience too?

How do you know is a VRAM crash? What is the exact error you get when the game crashes?
I did get a few crashes on a DX11 function called "TryMap", but that was because I was running the game in 3D Surround (Surround and 3D Vision on 3 screens. You could say I was running the game on 6 screens as in 3D you need to render twice what is on you monitor). Lowering a few things from Ultra to High seems to "fix it". (I think I lowered, Lighting & Shadows). Worth to mention, I have POST-Process on LOW because I AM NOT A FAN on DOF... Really am not. Wish they added an OFF option as well;)) (But, I managed to remove it as well, by modifying a shader so no more DOF, yey! )

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 01:34 

helifax wrote:

Nope... No idea how to do that ^_^ (Also, this is in Exclusive Fullscreen - no Window Mode bollocks).
^_^

Yes, I have a fix, currently on my PC alone. I can share it though... Didn't think people were actually interested in it though;)

That. Looks. Magnificent. Please share it, oh my ultrawide saviour.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 01:44 
Insiders
Insiders

butaszr wrote:
helifax wrote:

Nope... No idea how to do that ^_^ (Also, this is in Exclusive Fullscreen - no Window Mode bollocks).
^_^

Yes, I have a fix, currently on my PC alone. I can share it though... Didn't think people were actually interested in it though;)

That. Looks. Magnificent. Please share it, oh my ultrawide saviour.

Can definitely do!

I made the fix for FlawlessWidescreen: https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

I want to contact Hayden (the creator) and see if I can push the fix through the official channels;) If not I can give the "lose" files here, but I'd rather do it the proper way;)
So a bit of patience please!
Also, take note, that in this mode, you'll see some "weird" thing happening on the side screens. The game obviously wasn't designed to show this and the reason is pillarboxed (like NPC popping into existance and so on). This is not often, but is there! In any case, is better than BLACK bars;)

And before anyone asks, yes there is a problem with the galaxy map - not being able to travel between clusters - and no I didn't look into it. My "fix" is to ALT+ENTER, travel to new cluster, ALT+ENTER back again ;)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 02:08 

thanks helifax, alt-enter is a much better solution :)

dual 1080's, [email protected], 5960x1080

These settings give me pretty solid 60fps with some drops into low 50's.. AO was the biggest drag on fps

Texture Quality: Ultra
Anti-Aliasing: Temporal AA
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Post-Process Quality: Low
Texture Filtering: High
Lighting Quality: Medium
Shadows Quality: High
Effects Quality: Medium
Mesh Quality: Ultra
Shader Quality: High
Terrain Quality: High
Vegetation Quality: Ultra
resolution scaling set to 1080p
vsync enabled
triple buffering enabled

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andr ... -analysis/
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/ ... nce-guide/
http://segmentnext.com/2017/03/22/mass- ... aks-guide/

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 02:10 

I get pop up window that says I ran out of vram, and I need a GPU with more than 512MB. The standard out of VRAM crash.

usually happens on the ship.

DirectX function "device->CreateTexture3D( &texDesc3d,desc.subResourceCount!=0? reinterpret_cast<constD3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData):0,&texture->m_texture3d)" failed with E_OUTOFMEMORY ("Direct3D could not allocate sufficient memory to complete the call."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForceGTX980 Ti", Driver: 37892, Free virtual memory: 4264183992kB / 4294967168kB. Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512 MB.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 07:27 

Share the love Helifax! :D

I think a shit ton of people are waiting for that fix. Would love the loose files until the official one makes it through

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 07:31 

If I set graphics to full maximum at 6020*1080, I get out of vram on GTX 1080 with 8GB vram. Is it normal for ME Andromeda?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 07:35 

kingdoggy wrote:
Share the love Helifax! :D

I think a shit ton of people are waiting for that fix. Would love the loose files until the official one makes it through

^

I mean, I don't wanna sound pushy or nothin, but I've finally got the time to tuck in to the game this weekend, and those black bars got me jonesing for a 21:9 fix :)

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 13:14 

Helifax, you got me eagerly awaiting for your fix! The black bars heavily break the immersion - I can handle a few random, broken NPC appearances in the background if it means the whole screen will be used.

:3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next