Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 19:46 

Apologies for the quick posting! I had it on and just loaded my final game save and in conversations was ok, didn't noticed that until now, I'm experiencing the same issue with the UI.

Although, removing the 3DMigoto files doesn't solve the issue, it seems like a game issue now.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 20:12 

LuPoNe wrote:
Apologies for the quick posting! I had it on and just loaded my final game save and in conversations was ok, didn't noticed that until now, I'm experiencing the same issue with the UI.

Although, removing the 3DMigoto files doesn't solve the issue, it seems like a game issue now.

Definitely a game issue. The UI scales sort of correctly (within a 16:9 box) up to 2560x1080. After that it gets weird, even at 2560x1440. They broke something in the 1.06 update.

PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 20:23 

theblacklaser wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:

Definitely a game issue. The UI scales sort of correctly (within a 16:9 box) up to 2560x1080. After that it gets weird, even at 2560x1440. They broke something in the 1.06 update.

You know, I was sort of happy when reading the patch notes I saw this line:

Quote:
PC – Improvements to display when running at different resolutions

Improvements? They broke something that was fine.

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 18:55 

Got a tweet from Mike Gamble about this issue: they're fixing it, but he gave no ETA.

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 02:27 

hey guys

I was using Helifaxs' flawless widescreen fix up untill the latest patch, as I can't use his second fix beacuse the game wont launch for me when I use it. However ever since the latest patch when I try to enable the fix on flawless widescreen it says "Could not find ArFix Injection point, Mass Effect: Andromeda may have updated to a version that is no longer supported"

does anyone know how I can fix this issue please or can anyone post an updated version of the files?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 18 May 2017, 20:31 

newest hotfix has fixed UI...

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2017, 07:36 

So an update on the 'fail to launch' bug: Just upgraded from my Fury X to a 1080Ti, and the wrapper fix worked 1st time, no tinkering required. After spending ~3hrs troubleshooting it before, Im fairly certain that its an issue specifically related to AMD. Was anyone with an AMD GPU able to get it to work?

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2017, 17:26 
I have an RX470 and the wrapper fix never worked for me ^^

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2017, 15:36 

Can anyone elaborate which cinematic this fixes? I've tried both the FWS and the wrapper and the initial cinematic is still 16:9, but so far any in game cinematic stays 21:9. Just trying to make sure I have it applied right and what my expectations should be.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 00:44 

So both Patch 1.09 for Mass Effect Andromeda and the updated flawless widescreen has broken this fix.

So even when I change READWRITE to WRITECOPY in the .lua, FWS tells me AR injection point cannot be found and that the game must have been updated to an incompatible version.

Also, When initially installing the patch into the FWS directory every time you open flawless widescreen it asks you to update. If you update it will download all plugins that FWS offers and will get rid of ME: Andromeda from the list, which is super annoying. If you don't update you still have problem 1 to deal with.

I've used this fix in the past. However, recently the plugin disappeared off my FWS for no reason while the files are still there in the directory, not getting discovered by FWS. So i completely uninstalled FWS downloaded the latest version and started from scratch. Still have the same issues. I tried just reverting back to READWRITE just to see if it fixed anything, but have had no success.

I don't know if Andromeda has now been abandoned by now, but I would still love to play this game without black bars on cutscenes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next