Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Will Rock
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 16:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - Will Rock

In Rock, the player takes on the persona of the title character Willford Rockwell, an archeology student, who is faced with the aftermath of a fanatical group called the Olympian Restoration Army (ORA), who somehow have managed to bring back to life a host of mythological creatures from Ancient Greece, including Zeus, king of the Gods, who has abducted Will's girlfriend Emma. Will is recruited by Prometheus, the Greek Titan of fire and craft, to destroy Zeus and his minions—and rescue his girlfriend.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by jackfuste on 28 Apr 2019, 15:24, edited 18 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Re: Will Rock
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 01:14 

I played around a bit with your widescreen exe and wanted to report some stuff:

- The fix for version 1.0 messes up mouse movement. It seems the game dynamically changes mouse speed depending on where you look. For example if you look at a wall nearby the mouse slows down, and if you look far away it speeds up. This is barely noticeable in the original game, but the widescreen exe you uploaded dramatically increases this effect. To replicate this; in the first level, when you pass the first mirror and the new area loads, stay in the small hallway before the blue room and turn around and look at walls, and then look at big blue room. Installing the patch 1.2 and using your 1.2 exe fixes this, at least I don't notice it anymore.

- The widescreen exe messes up reflections on the mirrors and reflective floors. This is nothing serious and doesn't influence the gameplay.

- there are minor rendering glitches in the menu, when the shovel moves over the Ubisoft logo in bottom-right it stretches. It's nothing serious.

- My FOV fix using the Cheat Engine doesn't work with this. Czarman's hex edit FOV fix doesn't work either, since it changes back after a cut-scene just like with the original exe.

I will leave a link to the previous thread with the Cheat Engine engine method, since it's the only way to change FOV. I also wrote how to turn off LOD (on the second page), so the game renders highest quality models of objects all the time:

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=31974

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 19:01 
Insiders
Insiders

antrad wrote:
I played around a bit with your widescreen exe and wanted to report some stuff:

- The fix for version 1.0 messes up mouse movement. It seems the game dynamically changes mouse speed depending on where you look. For example if you look at a wall nearby the mouse slows down, and if you look far away it speeds up. This is barely noticeable in the original game, but the widescreen exe you uploaded dramatically increases this effect. To replicate this; in the first level, when you pass the first mirror and the new area loads, stay in the small hallway before the blue room and turn around and look at walls, and then look at big blue room. Installing the patch 1.2 and using your 1.2 exe fixes this, at least I don't notice it anymore.

I didn't notice any mouse speedups.
Anyway, I didn't change anything related to mouse input. So maybe it's really v1.0 problem, which fixed in v1.2.
antrad wrote:
- The widescreen exe messes up reflections on the mirrors and reflective floors. This is nothing serious and doesn't influence the gameplay.
- there are minor rendering glitches in the menu, when the shovel moves over the Ubisoft logo in bottom-right it stretches. It's nothing serious.

Fixed.

Attachment:
mirror.jpg
mirror.jpg [ 429.65 KiB | Viewed 2043 times ]

antrad wrote:
- My FOV fix using the Cheat Engine doesn't work with this. Czarman's hex edit FOV fix doesn't work either, since it changes back after a cut-scene just like with the original exe.

I added ability to change horizontal FOV.
Here's Cheat Engine tables:

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 19:49 

jackfuste wrote:
I didn't notice any mouse speedups.
Anyway, I didn't change anything related to mouse input. So maybe it's really v1.0 problem, which fixed in v1.2.

I also think it was a "bug" in the actual game that they fixed with a patch, and not a problem with your fix. In one review I read, the guy mentioned mouse speeding up randomly.

Can confirm it works great now :onethumb:

Using the sniper messes this up, it seems to multiply the FOV value each time you zoom in and out, so you end up with a ridiculously small or large fov.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 22:27 
Insiders
Insiders

antrad wrote:
Using the sniper messes this up, it seems to multiply the FOV value each time you zoom in and out, so you end up with a ridiculously small or large fov.

Try this one:

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2017, 02:21 

Yes, with this exe it works. I tested it both with the sniper and after cut-scenes :twothumb: I don't know how you do it. Any chance you could also make it change the vertical FOV ? Also could you tell me the numbers for this week's EuroJackpot ?

I don't want to be annoying, but you know how it is, people like to play with different settings and it's good to have options, if it's possible. I appreciate all you have done. This is something original developers should be doing.