Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: No Man's Sky
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 01:18 

Progress also being made here in this thread: Emoose's Comments

Here's a snippet:

"That's actually used as part of other templates, added that to MBINEdit as I was working on adding embedded template support but I've dropped that now, decided to work on an MBIN -> MXML decompiler instead (it's much easier to output XML text than a GUI :P)
So far I've had good results, managed to decompile most of the METADATA/UI/HUD/PLAYERHUD.MBIN file: http://pastebin.com/RPfeJ1ya
It's possible that changing some of those values could fix stretched UI, I haven't got a widescreen monitor to test with though, but I should have MXML -> MBIN compiling working soonish for anyone who wants to try and mess around with it."

Also, here's the pastebin in question:

Pastebin

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 02:32 

Thanks for the updates, are settling up. I think I'll wait a few more weeks before re-entering the game. This time without the atrotious grinding system. I only want to explore, and at 60fps without 512p textures and aweful filters.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 02:45 

I'd say this game is pretty darn close to unplayable in Surround. It looks more like zoomed in than higher resolution. Not only is the HUD ridiculously large, words are stretched across multiple 2 or 3 monitors. Text is HUGE. When I enable this resolution in other games, I see MORE of the screen. it only seems to just make the 1 screen resolution fit on 3. Pretty pitiful. HIGHLY disappointing.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 21:37 

Patch came out today, but the text file mentions nothing about fixing the HUD or showing the right (not rescaled) resolution.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 23:31 
I Donated
I Donated

The HUD isn't going to be fixed for some time. Hello Games mentioned that they would focusing on performance issues this week. Not sure if they'll get to fixing the HUD. The fix is likely going to come from someone fixing it on these forums.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 14:51 

Mod in progress with this in mind, give the creator some support so he keeps up his good work!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyMods/ ... 9_support/

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 10:21 

I had opened a Request for support on the matter (Ultra Widescreen support in-game) with HelloGames. Yesterday I received a mail stating they had fixed the issue.
I haven't had the possibility to check but the stretched HUD might have been corrected.

Nickola

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 11:09 

Was there another patch after 1.04? Because in 1.04 its definitely not fixed.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 02:59 

Nickola_FR wrote:
I had opened a Request for support on the matter (Ultra Widescreen support in-game) with HelloGames. Yesterday I received a mail stating they had fixed the issue.
I haven't had the possibility to check but the stretched HUD might have been corrected.

Nickola

Not Fixed. Broken. Actually, try this if you want to see how broken it really is. Go to your inventory, hover over one of your bottom inv slots (when you have 48) and press c, check that fucking clipping out. Pretty awesome.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2016, 22:37 

Alrighty, spAnser and myself, have solved the 21:9 UI HUD issue with a mod. Still in Beta but its working well for me, this may have ALSO fixed Surround/Eyefinity setups but I have no one to test with so Im unsure atm... I'll post my version of it up soon at nomansskymods.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next