Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Doom (2016)
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 21:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Trying the downgrade method now. Did I just waste my time downloading all the manifests when I just needed to do the one for the executable? Oh well :D

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2018, 22:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Nice worked!

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2018, 22:42 

The steam downgrade method worked for me too. Remember to use the vanilla DOOM.lua in flawless widescreen in case you used the custom one mentioned earlier.
Excellent work guys!!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 20:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Screenshot in all it's 32:9 glory :D

https://i.imgur.com/phqqyW9.png

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2018, 22:54 

Garwinski wrote:
jc0123 wrote:
Garwinski wrote:
The problem is that at this moment, the memory addresses in the .lua file are wrong as Flawless Widescreen reports that it can not find those adresses, so the memory adresses in the running .exe of DOOM have changed to different adresses. The problem is, that I have no idea where to begin to find the new adresses where the fix should be 'injected' in the memory of the running .exe to make the fixes work on this new version of DOOM. Maybe if I had an old .exe of a DOOM version that worked I could crosscheck those memory adresses, but I dont have an old DOOM.exe atm.

EDIT: Decided to follow these steps:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1086279994

I only redownloaded the executable from August 24, 2017 from the Windows Executable-depot, placed them in my DOOM map, overwriting the files there, and I was good to go again.

I tried to do that too but got lost and wasn't sure what package to download.
Could you maybe setup a mega link for the older exe?

I am not sure if that is allowed, and even then, I am also not quite sure as to what extent those files generated by this method are machine or steam id dependent, so it would be better to do it yourself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

1.Follow step 1 of the guide to open the steam console. (fast way, follow this link, open with Steam client bootstrapper: steam://open/console)

2.Then, skip to step 7 of the guide.The app id is 379720, depot ID is 379721, and manifest ID for the files I used is 907965064786099828. So, in the steam console you type (or paste):
Quote:
download_depot 379720 379721 907965064786099828

And press enter. Steam will now start to download.

3."If you successfully downloaded the package, it will be on your [path to Steam folder]/Steam/steamapps/content folder".
Be aware, this is where you have steam installed, so you wont find them on the drive where you installed DOOM per se. So, if you installed DOOM on your D: drive but steam on your C: drive, you will find the files in the steam path on the C: drive.

4.Copy the files which you downloaded and have found in the previous step into your DOOM directory and overwrite the files. Voila!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
There is a step in the guide to prevent the game from updating, but the values the guide indicates you should change where already what the guide told me to set them at, and DOOM has not overwritten those files with newer once as of yet for me. In my experience anyways steam wont do this unless you manually verify game files, or the game receives an update. I keep the new files acquired through this method in a separate map in my steam directory, just in case they do get upgraded to the newer versions, so I can overwrite them again without much hassle.

(You probably wont be able to play the multiplayer with the older files, but I figure most people dont play that anyways.)

This is perfect, thank you :D Works great now!

2x Intel 520 240GB RAID-0; 2x Crucial BX100 500GB RAID-0; 2x Mushkin Reactor 1TB RAID-0
1x Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2; Rosewill Thor V2; 3x Asus PG278Q 2560x1440 144Hz G-SYNC
DacMagic Plus, 2x Dynaudio BM15A, 2x Dynaudio BM14S; Windows 10 Pro x64

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2018, 05:56 

Garwinski wrote:
jc0123 wrote:
Garwinski wrote:
The problem is that at this moment, the memory addresses in the .lua file are wrong as Flawless Widescreen reports that it can not find those adresses, so the memory adresses in the running .exe of DOOM have changed to different adresses. The problem is, that I have no idea where to begin to find the new adresses where the fix should be 'injected' in the memory of the running .exe to make the fixes work on this new version of DOOM. Maybe if I had an old .exe of a DOOM version that worked I could crosscheck those memory adresses, but I dont have an old DOOM.exe atm.

I only redownloaded the executable from August 24, 2017 from the Windows Executable-depot, placed them in my DOOM map, overwriting the files there, and I was good to go again.

I am not sure if that is allowed, and even then, I am also not quite sure as to what extent those files generated by this method are machine or steam id dependent, so it would be better to do it yourself.

1.Follow step 1 of the guide to open the steam console. (fast way, follow this link, open with Steam client bootstrapper: steam://open/console)

2.Then, skip to step 7 of the guide.The app id is 379720, depot ID is 379721, and manifest ID for the files I used is 907965064786099828. So, in the steam console you type (or paste):
Quote:

3."If you successfully downloaded the package, it will be on your [path to Steam folder]/Steam/steamapps/content folder".
Be aware, this is where you have steam installed, so you wont find them on the drive where you installed DOOM per se. So, if you installed DOOM on your D: drive but steam on your C: drive, you will find the files in the steam path on the C: drive.

4.Copy the files which you downloaded and have found in the previous step into your DOOM directory and overwrite the files. Voila!
There is a step in the guide to prevent the game from updating, but the values the guide indicates you should change where already what the guide told me to set them at, and DOOM has not overwritten those files with newer once as of yet for me. In my experience anyways steam wont do this unless you manually verify game files, or the game receives an update. I keep the new files acquired through this method in a separate map in my steam directory, just in case they do get upgraded to the newer versions, so I can overwrite them again without much hassle.

(You probably wont be able to play the multiplayer with the older files, but I figure most people dont play that anyways.)

I just downloaded DOOM 2016 and was desperate to get my Multi-monitor setup to work correctly: 5970x1200 (bezel corrected). I was distraught to read that Bethesda's stupid update broke the Flawless Widescreen fix, then I stumbled on this post and was able to back-level DOOM to the version that still worked.

These instructions worked perfectly! Thank you so much everyone!!
Flawless Widescreen fixed the screwed up perspective and FOV for both the weapon and 3D world beautifully, with no fuss. This was my very first time using FW and I immediately went back and donated. :D

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2018, 06:03 

Garwinski wrote:
jc0123 wrote:
Garwinski wrote:

Quote:

I just downloaded DOOM 2016 and was desperate to get my Multi-monitor setup to work correctly: 5970x1200 (bezel corrected). I was distraught to read that Bethesda's stupid update broke the Flawless Widescreen fix, then I stumbled on this post and was able to back-level DOOM to the version that still worked.

These instructions worked perfectly! Thank you so much everyone!!
Flawless Widescreen fixed the screwed up perspective and FOV for both the weapon and 3D world beautifully, with no fuss. This was my very first time using FW and I immediately went back and donated. :D

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 16:21 

Thought I would mention, if anyone was curious. Using Wolfenstein II's signature scan, DOOM 2016 with the latest update does in fact work with Wolfenstein's Aspect fix. I have no idea about where to even begin to find the new addresses for the weapon fov.

If you don't mind the larger weapon FOV, then you can use this to play DOOM with the latest update with a corrected aspect ratio. However, I do not have a fix for the weapon fov, nor do I know where to find those addresses in memory. I have no assembly experience, and part of finding this out was just blind dumb luck. If anyone can assist with that, let me know.

Code:
require(GlobalDependencys:GetDependency("StandardBase"):GetPackageName())

--ControlVars
bFixEnabled = true
bAspectFix = true

--PROCESS VARS
Process_FriendlyName = Module:GetFriendlyName()
Process_WindowName = "DOOMx64;DOOMx64vk"
Process_ClassName = "Zion"
Process_EXEName = "*"

--INJECTION BEHAVIOUR
InjectDelay = 1500
WriteInterval = 100
SearchInterval = 500
SuspendThread = true

--Name                         Manual/Auto/Hybrid        Steam/Origin/Any                IncludeFile:Configure;Enable;Periodic;Disable;
SupportedVersions = {       
{"Automatically Detect",       "Hybrid",           "Any",                            "Configure_SignatureScan;Enable_Inject;Periodic;Disable_Inject;"},
}

function Init_Controls()
   DefaultControls.AddHeader("Header_FixesEnableDisable","Individual Fixes",245,70,210,17)
   DefaultControls.AddFixToggle("CKAspectFix_Enable","Aspect Fix","CKAspectFix_Changed",255,101,180,14)
end

function Configure_SignatureScan()

local tAddress = HackTool:AddAddress("AspectFix")
   if HackTool:SignatureScan("F3 0F ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? F3 0F ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? F3 0F ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 0F 28 ?? E8 ?? ?? ?? ?? F3 0F ?? ?? E8 ?? ?? ?? ??",tAddress,PAGE_EXECUTE_READ,0x10,Process_EXEName) == 0 then   
      return ErrorOccurred(string.format(SigScanError,tAddress:GetName()))
   else
      print( tAddress:GetInfo(TYPE_ADDRESS) )

local AspectLimit = HackTool:AddAddress("AspectLimit",tAddress)
      AspectLimit:AcquireAddress(0x4)
      print( AspectLimit:GetInfo(TYPE_FLOAT) )
   end   

return true

end

function Enable_Inject()

local Variables = HackTool:AllocateMemory("Variables",0)
   Variables:PushFloat("AspectLimit")

Variables:Allocate()

ResolutionChanged()

local asm = [[   

(codecave)AspectFix,AspectFix_cc:
         $$0 $$1, [(allocation)Variables->AspectLimit]
         %end%
   ]]

if HackTool:CompileAssembly(asm,"Fixes") == nil then
      return ErrorOccurred("Assembly compilation failed...")
   else
      Toggle_CodeCave("AspectFix_cc",bAspectFix)
   end      

end

function Periodic()

local AspectLimit = HackTool:GetAddress("AspectLimit")
   local Variables = HackTool:GetAllocation("Variables")

if AspectLimit and Variables then

if bAspectFix then
         PluginViewport:AppendStatusMessage( string.format("\r\n     (AspectLimit) Default=%.2f, New=%.2f", AspectLimit:ReadFloat(),Variables["AspectLimit"]:ReadFloat()) )      
      end

end

end

function Disable_Inject()

CleanUp()

end

function ResolutionChanged()

local Variables = HackTool:GetAllocation("Variables")
   if Variables then
      Variables["AspectLimit"]:WriteFloat( DisplayInfo:GetAspectRatio() )
   end

end

function CKAspectFix_Changed(Sender)

bAspectFix = Toggle_CheckFix(Sender)
   Toggle_CodeCave("AspectFix_cc",bAspectFix)
   ForceUpdate()      

end

function Init()   
   Init_BaseControls()
   Init_Controls()
end

function DeInit()
   DisableFix()
end

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 13:53 

Hi, i maken this steam steps for downloading the old doom files - but i still have to use Flawless Widescreen fix - right?

Thx!

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 15:13 

Mappi75 wrote:
Hi, i maken this steam steps for downloading the old doom files - but i still have to use Flawless Widescreen fix - right?

Thx!

Yes, these steps make it so that the flawless wide-screen fix works again, so you will stil need it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next