Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: XCOM 2
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 13:03 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: A

Read Full Detailed Report - XCOM 2

They have won, and they're not done. In the years following XCOM's desperate attempt to rid the sky of rogue UFOs, humanity was forced to surrender to the alien invasion army. Some still refuse to submit and join the remnants of the organization... The sequel to 2012's "X-COM re-imagined" is a PC-focused title shipping with official modding support.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Post subject: Re: XCOM 2
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 13:04 
Editors
Editors

The FOV in XCOM2 can be altered in two main ways: by creating FOV hotkeys in XComInput.ini and by altering settings in XComCamera.ini.

XComInput.ini has three main parts you need to edit:
[Engine.PlayerInput] mostly applies to menus (main menu, multiplayer, character pool).
[XComGame.XComTacticalInput] applies not only to tactical gameplay, but also to the Skyranger's interior and squad deployment cut-scenes.
[XComGame.XComHeadquartersInput] applies to everything Avenger-related: overview and individual rooms, holoscope, and cut-scenes of the Skyranger returning from the field as well.

I decided to use Numpad 0, 1 and 2 as my FOV keys. 0 will be a backup (FOV=60), 1 a low FOV (like 20 or 30) and 2 a high FOV (80 or 90).

To do this copy this block...
Code:
Bindings=(Name="NumPadZero",Command="FOV 60")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadOne",Command="FOV 20")
Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo",Command="FOV 90")
...and paste it under each of these lines:
[Engine.PlayerInput]
[XComGame.XComTacticalInput]
[XComGame.XComHeadquartersInput]
Adjust values to your liking. Each section is independent, so the same key can be used for tactical FOV 80 and HQ FOV 30 for instance.

Now you can zoom in on all the lesser-known corners of the Avenger.

On the holoscope, the combination of mouse wheel zoom and FOV keys allows for fine control over the camera at any altitude. FOV keys also work during trips and evasive maneuvers, while all other camera controls are confiscated.

During missions, FOV keys have a drawback: using them breaks the alignment of the red outlines when aiming.

They have their uses, though.

The best way to change base tactical FOV however is through XComCamera.ini

[XComGame.X2Camera_LookAt] is where you'll find the base FOV of the top-down view:
HumanTurnFov=60 (default)

HumanTurnFov=45

HumanTurnFov=90

[XComGame.X2Camera_RushCam] is the third-person camera used when the last squad member to play uses sprint over a long enough distance. Feels pretty cramped by default.
FOVInDegrees=45 (default)

FOVInDegrees=80

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 03:29 
Insiders
Insiders

I was wondering if anyone is going to pursue fixing the stretched HUD? I love how the game looks in MM but that one thing is driving me batty. Thanks in advance.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2016, 18:25 

Does anyone else have missing graphical elements will in surround/eyefinity?

I'm noticing there aren't any effects when using the psi-ops class' abilities.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 17:21 

MULTIMONITOR ISSUE: added 5-6 seconds delay before every unit's movement but only when playing multi-monitor

I have PC with windows 7 and three monitors, one central of 3440x1440 and two side-monitors, under an ATI R9 Fury.
When I play with the center, everything goes fine with the game.
When I play with the 3 monitors and Eyefinity, and I set the game resolution to 7040x1440, everything continues to work fine EXCEPT an annoying problem that I do not understand what has to do with the monitors. ONLY when I'm in multi-monitor, every time I give movement actions to an unit, it takes 5-6 seconds waiting before making finally the movement action It is not frozen or blocked or low performance, no, the performance is still good, I can see unit's animations, can move camera perfectly, etc, the just do a very long pause before moving. f I press the TAB key to jump to next unit, then the first unit starts the movement immediately skipping absurd pause, so I can workaround the issue by giving order and then pressing tab to next unit, then come back to first unit if I need to shot or something, but the problem is when it is the last unit of the turn, there is no way to skip the annoying and so long pause because there are no other unit to jump to.
It only happen before a movement, and always happens, though in few times also happen before shooting or making another action.

Setting back the resolution to 3440x1440 solves the problem completely and the game goes normally, so in the end I always end up playing only at central monitor, but I would like to play at 7040x1440 without the annoying wait at the end of the movement of each unit.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 16:37 
Editors
Editors

Have you tried hitting CapsLock ? :shh:
Interesting bug, you should definitely report it to Firaxis (and AMD).