Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 12:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Tembo the Badass Elephant

Tembo the Badass Elephant is a 2.5D side-scrolling platform game where the player controls an elephant. The fictitious Shell City is under attack by a military force called the Phantom and the commander recalls how he used to fight on top of the elephant Tembo. He calls Tembo who uses a flock of birds to fly to the city and help against the attack. To defeat the invasion three phantom domes, large tanks, need to be destroyed. Along the way civilians can be rescued as well and they travel on his back during the level. The game consists of seventeen levels with sub and main bosses.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by czarman on 05 Oct 2016, 07:04, edited 6 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016, 00:13 

It's a bit strange that the first I launched Tembo it started up in fullscreen 5x1P Eyefinity 5400x1920. After that it has never worked in fullscreen correctly again. Now the highest resolution I can get it to work is windowed 1920x1080. In full screen it will smash itself into one monitor and duplicate on the other 4.
This isn't the only game that has given me this issue and hopefully there is some kind of a fix for it.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2016, 03:37 
Insiders
Insiders

I have updated the report with multi-monitor results and a better resolution fix. I have set the multi-monitor and ultra-widescreen grading to Silver due to not being able to select the resolution properly.

THE INTERNET wrote:
It's a bit strange that the first I launched Tembo it started up in fullscreen 5x1P Eyefinity 5400x1920. After that it has never worked in fullscreen correctly again. Now the highest resolution I can get it to work is windowed 1920x1080. In full screen it will smash itself into one monitor and duplicate on the other 4.
This isn't the only game that has given me this issue and hopefully there is some kind of a fix for it.

This game sets the resolution to the current desktop resolution the first time you run it, so if you change the in-game resolution option it will use that one instead; that's why you weren't able to get the resolution again. Forcing the resolution as described will work.

This same method works for most other games using the Unity engine, but some will reject resolutions the game doesn't specifically support.

EDIT: Reworded widescreen method mentions.