Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 06:15 
Insiders
Insiders

scot wrote:
That worked for me with nvidia driver 353.06 but movement in the game is erratic with that driver. It didn't work with 352.86.
It's definitely a step in the right direction.
Strange, but it did bring the usage (and the framerate) way up.

If you are talking about the Stutter - then you have to externally cap the fps. I just do it vi NCP at 58 - then its smooth.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 23:04 

That kind of worked for me. I didn't see any way to do it in the NCP but I could do it from the settings in the game.
I had to set it to a 30 fps cap because I'm getting 35 to 40 fps @ 6000x1080 on Ultra. It's nice and smooth now. Using 353.06 drivers and all monitors connected to the first card.
Still not 100% GPU utilization, but playable.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2015, 04:48 

Sorry to post in this thread, I didn't see an option to make a new one (first time post, hope this is okay)

I came across this community a while back when I decided to buy a 21:9 LG monitor. I can't imagine a better place to ask this question. I have W3 for PC. I have searched for a fix to this, but have been unable to find one so far. I am hoping I can find it here.

I have tried the .ini tweaks mentioned before in this thread, and other fixes such as the cheat engine fov tweaks, and in going for a 2560 x 1080 resolution, I get a widening effect on game world objects/actors whenever I turn around in the game (without moving position of Geralt) where anything that was in front of me almost effectively doubles its size as I turn the camera to the left or right (as in the images of the tub below). This occurs with anything rendered in game, and while it may be a minor trifle to some, it is utterly destroying my experience on my widescreen.

I am wondering if anyone 1) knows what is causing this this, and 2) would be able to suggest a fix for it?

I have a 55 inch Samsung flat screen I could hook it up to, and if it comes to that, I guess I am willing to play the game on that to forego the distraction of my ever widening objects in the world on my monitor (and sigh to myself about why a $400 monitor leaves me with such dissatisfaction for a modern game like W3) just to be able to play through something I paid for, but if there is some small fix or detail that I am unaware of that could correct this, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did try this on my Samsung TV, and the widening effect at the periphery is still present, just not as pronounced though. I am guessing this gets more pronounced the wider the screen gets judging from other screen shots I have viewed. For all I know, this may not be a "fixable" issue, but I'll leave the post just in case. Thanks again!

Attachments:
90 degrees left turn.jpg
90 degrees left turn.jpg [ 911.99 KiB | Viewed 3414 times ]
head on.jpg
head on.jpg [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 3412 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2015, 19:53 
I Donated
I Donated

353.30 drivers came out. NO difference what-so-ever. I'm still getting 25 FPS in the first room with Yennefer. I still get 45 FPS with the 0x0A0040F5 SLI bits, but it STILL causes the lighting to flicker/flash like a strobe light.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2015, 23:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, its pretty offputting the entire NvidiaWitcher 3 situation.

I have/had a 780gtx by which until now have been running everything, even GTA V, in surround on that single 780gtx and with pleasure I might add not having to deal with scaling issues and dual card non-sense however I thought (and that's entirely my mistake - thinking that is) that by adding a second card I'd be able to play The Witcher 3 at reasonable framerates because I could get a 2nd 780gtx for ~$300 on the egg of newness so I did.

I gained over my 23fps on a single card about 5 fps. Utterly ridiculous.

I've read nUMEROUs threads inciting riot against the mighty Nv about blasphemy! and YADA (they're phasing out the old gen so they're gimping them conspiracy bs probably started by AMD employ-ese! but none of that is actually plausible). Pro Maxwell! down with Kepler bunches and bunches of bs posts I'm sure none of which is true.

More to the point, SLi scaling is abysmal in this game. I place that squarely on CDPR's shoulders catering to single GPU finesse of modern console dumb (er console-dom). Every other game including GTA V (new release) is COMPLETELY and magnificently playable with nearly all utra everything save for MSAA (gimme a break) exCEPT for CDPR's new offering which has to clearly be optimized for gaming on a garbage console box and can't be recoded for a PC SLI Multi-GPU configuration.

I'm at my wits end with this game because the first two were magnificent and I want to enjoy this one the same way and on a single screen its just bollux.

I should have just gotten a titan x instead of a 2nd 780gtx but when ONE 780GTX BY ITSELF plays everything out there decently in surround... seriously, what's the point.

Windows 10 is just around the corner, dx12... blah blah, times they're always a changin but oMG is this CDPR completely busted. Playing this game on a single screen at least for me doesn't work.

/rant

wtf

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2015, 01:06 
I Donated
I Donated

Cinnabuns wrote:
Yeah, its pretty offputting the entire NvidiaWitcher 3 situation.

I have/had a 780gtx by which until now have been running everything, even GTA V, in surround on that single 780gtx and with pleasure I might add not having to deal with scaling issues and dual card non-sense however I thought (and that's entirely my mistake - thinking that is) that by adding a second card I'd be able to play The Witcher 3 at reasonable framerates because I could get a 2nd 780gtx for ~$300 on the egg of newness so I did.

I gained over my 23fps on a single card about 5 fps. Utterly ridiculous.

I've read nUMEROUs threads inciting riot against the mighty Nv about blasphemy! and YADA (they're phasing out the old gen so they're gimping them conspiracy bs probably started by AMD employ-ese! but none of that is actually plausible). Pro Maxwell! down with Kepler bunches and bunches of bs posts I'm sure none of which is true.

More to the point, SLi scaling is abysmal in this game. I place that squarely on CDPR's shoulders catering to single GPU finesse of modern console dumb (er console-dom). Every other game including GTA V (new release) is COMPLETELY and magnificently playable with nearly all utra everything save for MSAA (gimme a break) exCEPT for CDPR's new offering which has to clearly be optimized for gaming on a garbage console box and can't be recoded for a PC SLI Multi-GPU configuration.

I'm at my wits end with this game because the first two were magnificent and I want to enjoy this one the same way and on a single screen its just bollux.

I should have just gotten a titan x instead of a 2nd 780gtx but when ONE 780GTX BY ITSELF plays everything out there decently in surround... seriously, what's the point.

Windows 10 is just around the corner, dx12... blah blah, times they're always a changin but oMG is this CDPR completely busted. Playing this game on a single screen at least for me doesn't work.

/rant

wtf

Here's to that. :cheers:

And STILL they fail the community by not fixing the issue! I even went so far as to basically hand deliver the solution to nVidia, (back and forth PM's with ManuelG -- community care at nVidia -- and calling nVidia, informing them that the Assassin's Creed IV SLI bits increase FPS in The Witcher 3, but causes unplayable light flickering/flashing in the game) and there's still NOTHING from neither CDPR, nVidia, or news from ManuelG.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2015, 09:49 
Insiders
Insiders

:cheers:

Gigabyte P67-UD7 rev. B3
OS -Samsung 840pro 256GB ssd
Games -Samsung 840pro 500GB ssd
Pagefile -crucial 60GB ssd
Storage -2x 4TB WD
PWS -Seasonic Prime 1k Titanium

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2015, 13:29 

:rockout:

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2015, 00:19 

It's the stinking consoles. They are killing gaming.
At least Rocksteady pulled the PC version of Arkham Knight so they could fix it.
The Witcher 3 isn't as pathetic a port as the Batman game, but they could still FIX IT. Both of those games were promotional games for buying new nVidia cards and neither one works well with nVidia SLI. That's just ridiculous. If you're going to use a game to promote your hardware, maybe you should first make sure it works with your hardware.
CDPR and Rocksteady have both come down with consolitis. Instead of making a great game on the PC and porting that to the less capable consoles (the logical thing to do), they are making gimped games for consoles and then porting that to PCs.

Edit: Also, it's not like CDPR doesn't know that the PC market is double the console market.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcochiapp ... ready-won/
That is why they are trying to get in on Steam's action with their GoG platform.
If they were really serious about PC gaming, they would make sure their games work with high-end PCs.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2015, 00:24 

Hey,

3 980s, running surround blah blah, patch 1.7 just came out and I'm noticing no difference... I can barely run the game on low getting about 40fps max with everything turned down and with everything on ultra there's just no point. Is this it then? Are we simply not able to play this game with an acceptable frame rate due to having a triple monitor setup? I don't really understand how this hasn't been fixed.

Does anyone this there's a chance of anything changing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next