Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 06:31 

mezzanine510 wrote:
I really hope someone comes up with a 21:9 fix for the cut-scenes soon!

On my 3440x1440 display, everything works great except for cutscenes, which are forced into 16:9 and hence break emersion tremendously by adding black bars on either side of the screen.

Check the last post of http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=10 for a patched exe that reportedly fixes the cut scenes (minus the vids)

PostPosted: 26 May 2015, 21:56 

ColdSun wrote:
mezzanine510 wrote:
I really hope someone comes up with a 21:9 fix for the cut-scenes soon!

On my 3440x1440 display, everything works great except for cutscenes, which are forced into 16:9 and hence break emersion tremendously by adding black bars on either side of the screen.

Check the last post of http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 3&start=10 for a patched exe that reportedly fixes the cut scenes (minus the vids)

Thanks friend!

PostPosted: 27 May 2015, 03:35 

ColdSun wrote:
Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? One of my rigs with 2 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970s is working correctly.

I have 2 of the exact same cards and I'm only getting 50 to 60% utilization, so I'll try your advice. You used 352.86 right? And, did you install GeForce Experience or no? Are you using 3 monitors in the game? 5760x1080?

I tried re-installing the drivers then tried again using the Clean Install option. Still have the same 60% GPU utilization. Wish I could figure out the difference between yours and mine.

PostPosted: 28 May 2015, 23:50 

I should have thought to swing by here and see if others were having the same issues as I am with surround. I did all kinds of testing and can only come to the conclusion that either the game or the driver is having an issue with surround.

With 3x 970's, a 5930K @ 4Ghz, 32gb of 2666 DDR4 and with windows8.1+TW3 running from an 840 EVO SSD with a res of 5760x1080 I've had to turn down/off quite a few settings (No hairworks, SSAO, no AA, no blur, no motion blur, no CA, high foliage distance, high NPC count, 30fps limit) in order to get a stable 30fps and vsync it there to make the game playable in surround. I'm only seeing about 40-45% utilization at best. I installed the latest drivers after using DDU to remove the old ones, so those are fresh. Even turning everything to low does not net me anywhere near stable 60 FPS, which is another reason I think there must be some other issue at play.

The first thing I tried was disabling surround and only using one 1080p monitor. I cranked all the settings to max and was seeing 100-110fps average and all 3 970's are cruising along at 80+% utilization. Considering the benches I've seen rate 1 970 @ 1080p at about 45fps average scaling is actually pretty damn good. My 970's are the reference models and that was with stock clocks.

The next thing I tried was OCing the GPU's (whole PC is under water) to nearly 1600 mhz and +200 on mem. With a single monitor @ 1080p I saw FPS rise and I was seeing 120+ fps quite often with the same GPU utilization as before the OC. Now here is where it gets interesting. With the same OC settings I re enabled surround and I saw no (noticeable) change in FPS... GPU utilization just went down 5-10% on average. WTF?! It feels like a massive bottleneck somewhere.. but I don't know where! CPU utilization is quite low.. almost any other game I have played on this rig since I built it back in November has caused my CPU to heat up 3-5C more than what it does while playing TW3. It has to be either the SLI profile or a bug in the game.

I sent a support ticket straight to CDPR.. I received a generic reply a couple of days later that WB was the PC distributor for the game and that I should contact them. I don't understand why I should report bugs/issues to the people who just distribute the game.. but whatever. I sent WB the same exact thing I sent to CDPR... I've not received a reply in 4 days.

I can't believe I've not thought to do this yet, but I'm going to switch back to a single monitor and DSR from 4k and see how it likes it... will report back.

EDIT* OK reporting back on 4k DSR. There is certainly something wrong with surround in this game. At 4k using the same settings I've been playing the game in surround with and just barely keeping 30FPS I'm seeing 70+FPS (NO GPU OC) running around Novigrad and in the nearby fields on Rouch! Vsyncd 60fps was NO problem anywhere I went. I also have pretty bad pop in with grass and such in the fields in surround.. no such issue @ 4kDSR, it was BEAUTIFUL actually. GPU usage on all 3 970's was pretty much pegged @ 93-99%. To me this seems to point to there not being a bottleneck in my hardware.

If I cranked all of the settings to the max (except that high sharpening filter which makes some things look terrible) and turned off vsync I was seeing 45-50 FPS in the same areas.

Nice to know my rig can spit out 4k with what I consider reasonable settings without any trouble.. but screw 4k! I want surround to work! I think I might actually be able to max it out and maintain 60fps (considering 5760x1080 is 1/4 less pixels than 4k) if/when they figure this out and fix it! Especially if I OC the cards.

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 02:03 

I tried sending a driver bug report to nVidia and included screen shots of my GPU utilization - just in case it's an nVidia profile issue.

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 02:41 

scot wrote:
I tried sending a driver bug report to nVidia and included screen shots of my GPU utilization - just in case it's an nVidia profile issue.

My gut tells me it is probably a driver/profile problem. The engine doesn't seem to have a problem rendering 4k with capable hardware so I don't know why it would have trouble with less pixels. Hopefully it is sorted out soon.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 01:08 
I Donated
I Donated

Yeah, just installed 353.06 drivers, and the framerate is just as bad at 21-22 FPS. Now, if you try the 0x0A0040F5 SLI bits in the Witcher 3 profile, then I run the game really good, getting 35-40 FPS. But I get artifacts, and light flickers.

Gonna try to message ManuelG on nvidia forums.

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 02:02 
I Donated
I Donated

Got a reply from ManuelG, customer care on nVidia forums. He let the software engineers know to take a look at the issue for surround. Also informed him of the 0x0A0040F5 SLI bits

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 02:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Amon Amarth wrote:
Got a reply from ManuelG, customer care on nVidia forums. He let the software engineers know to take a look at the issue for surround. Also informed him of the 0x0A0040F5 SLI bits

REALLY!! There were numerous people that posted about this, and it wasn't fixed.... :crazy:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 17:07 

Just tried Nvidia's 353.06 driver released yesterday and of course it doesnt help still 50% usage in sli

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next