Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Life Is Strange
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 18:56 
I Donated
I Donated

Thanks Helifax for the upcoming fix! :onethumb: I look forward to replaying the game from the beginning in surround. I remember in episode 1 (and maybe 2) you could fix it by editing the config file, but the fix stopped working & I lost interest in playing the game on a single screen. Now we can get our $$$ worth.

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 05:04 

Wijkert wrote:
S P A C E wrote:
Thanks for the new fix, Wijkert. Any chance you can make one for 3440x1440? I used the one you provided and it worked great. I'm just wondering if using one for 3440x1440 would make a difference. Thanks again!

Try this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8t_dI ... sp=sharing

These fixes are dependent on the aspect ratio. 2560x1080 (~2.37) is almost the same as 3440x1440 (~2.39). That's why my first fix kinda works for you as well. That said, the fix helifax is talking about sounds a lot more thorough. But even if the FOV is corrected without the arrows moving out of place, the game wasn't designed for wider aspect ratio's, so I aspect that characters will still pop in and out of view in cut scenes.

Thanks again, Wijkert! The fix works great. I'll be using it in the meantime until helifax releases his new fix.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 19:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Fix is up at: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html
My favourite : Unreal Engine;))

THIS WAS TESTED ONLY ON SURROUND! No idea if it will work for 21:9 single monitor (or how). Please share results!
Tested ONLY on Steam version. Other versions not supported.

Tested:
Episode 1-5 STEAM

Fixes:
- Aspect Ratio correction. (black bars)
- Automatic FOV adjustment to your resolution (based on the INTENDED FOV in-game). So, no need anymore to bind keys for fov values and break everything.
- HUD correction. UI is centred on the middle monitor now.
- In-game "Interaction UI" is correctly scaled and correctly positioning over the element. (Meaning you can ACTUALLY play the game, is not missing or miss-aligning).

Requires:
WideScreen Fixer version 662.
You can download it from the same page(TOP of PAGE).

Install:
- Put the dll file in the "Plugins" folder of WideScreen Fixer.
- Start WSF (as Admin)
- Start game, once is started press "*" (numpad star) key to enable the fix.

Known issues:
- Do not use FOV keybinds with this fix. The FOV is automatically calculated. Using a different FOV than the fix provides will break the lining up of the UI.
- There might still be some scenes where the fov is not updated. (This game uses Dynamic FOV almost constantly and is hard for me to find all values).
- If the game glitches (like falling through the floor - Episode 2 "Shoot bottles" encounter) disable the fix and reload the last checkpoint (Is so much one can do).

Enjoy!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 21:46 

Thank you so much for the fix helifax! I briefly tested it on my 21:9 2560x1080 monitor and it seems to run well. The main menu looks a bit strange but in game it seems good. I will keep you posted if I notice something.

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00002.jpg
2015-10-21_00002.jpg [ 120.63 KiB | Viewed 2815 times ]

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00003.jpg
2015-10-21_00003.jpg [ 427.99 KiB | Viewed 2881 times ]

Someone should add your solution on the game report, it's not even mentioned and it works much better.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2015, 22:04 

works like a charme so far, helifax (21:9 here). thank you so much! :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 16:41 

helifax wrote:

Fix is up at: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html
My favourite : Unreal Engine;))

THIS WAS TESTED ONLY ON SURROUND! No idea if it will work for 21:9 single monitor (or how). Please share results!
Tested ONLY on Steam version. Other versions not supported.

Tested:
Episode 1-5 STEAM

Fixes:
- Aspect Ratio correction. (black bars)
- Automatic FOV adjustment to your resolution (based on the INTENDED FOV in-game). So, no need anymore to bind keys for fov values and break everything.
- HUD correction. UI is centred on the middle monitor now.
- In-game "Interaction UI" is correctly scaled and correctly positioning over the element. (Meaning you can ACTUALLY play the game, is not missing or miss-aligning).

Requires:
WideScreen Fixer version 662.
You can download it from the same page(TOP of PAGE).

Install:
- Put the dll file in the "Plugins" folder of WideScreen Fixer.
- Start WSF (as Admin)
- Start game, once is started press "*" (numpad star) key to enable the fix.

Known issues:
- Do not use FOV keybinds with this fix. The FOV is automatically calculated. Using a different FOV than the fix provides will break the lining up of the UI.
- There might still be some scenes where the fov is not updated. (This game uses Dynamic FOV almost constantly and is hard for me to find all values).
- If the game glitches (like falling through the floor - Episode 2 "Shoot bottles" encounter) disable the fix and reload the last checkpoint (Is so much one can do).

Enjoy!

I had a problem with this fix when i activate this fix it doesn't delete black bars instead of this whole screen is start shaking. Tell me please what i did wrong!
NOTE: My resolution is 1280x1024 and Aspect Ratio is 5:4
Video of problem:

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2015, 17:08 

Someone answer me or not?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 12:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Mesenzio wrote:
Thank you so much for the fix helifax! I briefly tested it on my 21:9 2560x1080 monitor and it seems to run well. The main menu looks a bit strange but in game it seems good. I will keep you posted if I notice something.

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00002.jpg

Attachment:
2015-10-21_00003.jpg

Someone should add your solution on the game report, it's not even mentioned and it works much better.

Ah, yes the menu might look funky since I think I developed it using a triple screen mode in mind;) I see you are using only one monitor so that is why it might look squished. The UI is still positioned in the middle of the image (where the central monitor) should exist;)
I'll check it out and see if this is the case;)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 12:14 
Insiders
Insiders

MaxCaufield wrote:

No idea mate. You have a weird monitor there. No idea why is not working for you. You need to figure it out.
Btw, are you playing the game from Steam?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2015, 12:45 

helifax wrote:
MaxCaufield wrote:

No idea mate. You have a weird monitor there. No idea why is not working for you. You need to figure it out.
Btw, are you playing the game from Steam?

Yes on Steam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next