Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 21:55 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is an open world Action RPG, where the player controls a Ranger by the name of Talion who has wraith-like abilities. Besides the main quest, the player also has the freedom to pursue side quests and roam around Mordor. Players fight through Mordor and uncover the truth of the spirit that compels you, discover the origins of the Rings of Power, build your legend and ultimately confront the evil of Sauron in this new chronicle of Middle-earth.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 05 Mar 2015, 11:42, edited 4 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 13:12 

Shadow of Morder is crashing when I'm using Flawless Widscreen to alter the FOV (a low FOV gives me motion sickness). It's a single monitor 1080p 60fps set up. Nothing fancy. Any idea on why the game might be crashing using Flawless Widescreen or ideas on how to stop it from happening? I've tried to poison Orcs with Hargin three times and each time the game crashes and I have to collect those damned herbs again.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2015, 21:54 
Founder
Founder

I'm not sure. I've only played just the opening. Does it crash if the FOV is unchanged?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2015, 16:43 

It doesn't crash when not using Flawless Widescreen and without the FOV fix enabled that I've seen.

If I do enable the FOV fix it does crash, apparently at random. I've taken a screenshot of the Flawless Widescreen status log after it crashes:

Prior to this crash the FOV fix worked fine for about twenty minutes. A few hours later I started playing again and it crashed on start-up (as usual) then started correctly on the second attempt and crashed within minutes.

The crashing seems random. I don't know what is triggering it. It doesn't happen after a certain event or action in game as far as I can tell.

I can get you a dxdiag.txt if you think it will help.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 20:02 

I've got some more error messages that may help with the crashing. Error code 5 remains the most common however. There's another error code 5 just out of view if I scroll up, but I couldn't fit it in this screenshot:

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 18:32 

I'm finding even with flawless I can't see the first 2 rows of Saruan's Army.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2015, 22:24 

Flawless Widescreen is not working atm. (HD7970-- Eyefinitiy-- 5040x1050)

Memory hack error- "Failed to read process memory at 0x140762004." code 299.

Another game to throw in the pile of "not working", along with Metalgear rising.

Hayden said MGR problem was due to AMD changing it's API (or something like that) and at that time (about a month ago) he said he no longer has an AMD card, so sounds like it may never get fixed. Hope that's not the case here :cry:

Dark times for team-red. :problem:

--copy pasted from other post--

Okay, spoke with Hayden. Managed to figure out that AMD-CCC is not "returning the correct details about screens when you query them". ie- it reports 2 monitors when you have 3. This means you will have to set the screen details manually, which will fix my aforementioned problem from a couple of months ago.

To do so in Flawless Widescreen--

Settings/Configuration/Display Detection/ Override Display Detection (Manual). Then you enter the Total Width and Height for the array, then where the hud should be (which will be the same as the resolution of the single monitor in the center.)

Bam! It works again for team red.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2015, 17:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I can't seem to play this in Multi-Monitor anymore, it just does Super Resolution now. I can't seem to find a way to turn it off, can anyone help with this?

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2015, 14:20 
Editors
Editors

You mean you can't set in-game resolution to 100% ? Did you try deleting the config file ?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2015, 06:10 

It's been a while, sometime around when it was updated and released for Linux it would no longer span the monitors for me it would only render on the middle. I had to umm *find* a previous build to play. Basically I just used the CODEX crack for build 1808 and plopped it into dir Steam installed the game to. It was back to working with multi monitor as well as FWS.