Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 17:30 

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm a huge fan of that forum/site. So, I just registered to contribute a bit.

I have just installed the new Sherlock Holmes, which is seems to be a very good game. It is based on the Unreal tournament engine and therefore suffers under its typical problems.

HUD and Videos look good.
The normal gameplay is quite zoomed in. (can be quite hard to find the evidence when your nose is barely on the desk or wall)

I hope some of the experts are also interested into that game and will look into this quite soon.
(Can't really wait any longer, but don't want to play in 16:10)

Thanks

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2014, 00:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Hi friend,

I also picked up this game and you are correct that it suffers from the usual Unreal engine problems. You can get the game to scale to the Y aspect FOV, but helps a lot (in triple screen and single screen) - I find the camera is too restraint, like you mentioned, and this helps. BUT in doing so it essentially breaks the game and effects the in-game map not showing - which in-turn makes it impossible to leave Holmes apartment. So unfortunately that's as far as I got. This of course may not be an issue if say Hayden/Helifax were to fix it, but there are no guarantees. It would be a really nice game to get going on triple screen.

Another thing I noticed was the game doesn't have a Sli profile, and having everything maxed across 3 screens, the performance was quite poor. Forcing AFR2, gave me some boost, but the cards struggled to use more than 60%. The game is simply not optimised properly in general, and for Sli.

The guys have recently been working on Shadows of Mordor, so they are busy - but more than likely you may have to gift them the game for them to work on it. There are other means, but it also comes down to demand and how many players here would like to see a fix.

Attachments:
2014-10-01_00006.jpg
2014-10-01_00006.jpg [ 1.77 MiB | Viewed 3122 times ]

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2014, 23:58 

+1 need for fix here :)