Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2012, 07:00 

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: Incomplete
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D

Hop into the cockpit of an X-wing as Luke Skywalker, leader of the Rogue Squadron, in a series of missions against the Empire.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by WalMartCartPusher on 04 Dec 2016, 00:13, edited 4 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2016, 02:42 

OK, so here's my first wrapper. Even though I spent like 3 semesters programming in C++, I still don't feel very confident in it. Either way, hopefully this works without issues.

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files ... n-wrapper/

The main menu, hangar etc. is 640x480, but the rest should run at a resolution specified in PlayerProfiles/extconfig.cfg. Tested with a Steam version. It may happen that the terrain rendering will break when using it (especially on resolutions wider than 16:9) - basically the game seems to be check the position, angle of camera and determine which polygons to render and which not, but if the camera FOV is too wide, it breaks.

Make sure to check the Settings / Video to see if the rendering option is there.

Also the Glide renderer seems to break with it, which is not a surprise, since Glide was definitely not meant to be running in widescreen resolutions.

Optimally what you'd like to do is use dgVoodoo 2 for D3D wrapping and force your screen resolution and make sure it's not keeping the aspect ratio (as in - allow it for stretching). This way, the game won't be switching the resolution between a main menu and the game and then obviously you use my wrapper to correct the aspect ratio within the game, to make sure that the game is actually rendering stuff at proper resolution and to fix the terrain rendering. There is still an issue of hud being stretched (for now minor issue) and the biggest issue for now which is radar rendering - if I'd manage to fix it, we could pretty much could that the game supports 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions properly with my hack.

-- EDIT --
I've made the radar overlay transparent. Maybe one day I will have the knowledge to move minimap instead, but for now this will have to do.