Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is an WWII themed first-person shooter video game developed and published by Tripwire Interactive, with realistic gameplay elements. It is a sequel to Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. The title will focus heavily on the Battle of Stalingrad. Guns behave realistically, with bullet drop and spin taken into account. The game also does away with elements of a traditional HUD like an ammo counter, forcing players to remember, or manually check, how many bullets are left in the gun's magazine.

Tanks are in Red Orchestra 2, with more vehicles added in after the game's launch. The interiors of each tank are fully recreated with either human or AI controlled characters manning each station. The level of detail was described by Tripwire's president John Gibson as rival or exceeding tank simulation games. Because of the extensive work required to recreate each vehicle, which Tripwire estimates to take three months each, the game will launch with two tanks, the German Panzer IV and Russian T-34.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 07:12 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: B
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is an WWII themed first-person shooter video game developed and published by Tripwire Interactive, with realistic gameplay elements. It is a sequel to Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. The title will focus heavily on the Battle of Stalingrad. Guns behave realistically, with bullet drop and spin taken into account. The game also does away with elements of a traditional HUD like an ammo counter, forcing players to remember, or manually check, how many bullets are left in the gun's magazine.

Tanks are in Red Orchestra 2, with more vehicles added in after the game's launch. The interiors of each tank are fully recreated with either human or AI controlled characters manning each station. The level of detail was described by Tripwire's president John Gibson as rival or exceeding tank simulation games. Because of the extensive work required to recreate each vehicle, which Tripwire estimates to take three months each, the game will launch with two tanks, the German Panzer IV and Russian T-34.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by thales100 on 27 Jul 2015, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

Post subject: RoboPatton wrote:Hey
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 11:28 
Editors
Editors

Hey Thales100.

Hey RoboPatton, thanks ! :twothumb

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2011, 23:37 

Sure, I also put one up on the tripewire forums, but it was my first post on there and it's being "reviewed". Hope it survives :P

Not sure I want to keep my preorder until I get a response saying eyefinity support is VASTLY improved from the beta. It's playable, but just barely in 5040x1050. Too many UI problems!

EDIT---!

Got a response, check it out. Confirmation directly from Yoshiro that eyefinity support is incoming.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=853183&posted=1#post853183

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 04:28 

I hope SLI Surround will be supported too in the release. So far, the Beta does not detect any triple monitor options for me.

Post subject: RSharpe wrote:I hope SLI
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 05:24 
Insiders
Insiders

I hope SLI Surround will be supported too in the release. So far, the Beta does not detect any triple monitor options for me.

I had to use the console command to get my resolution as well, but it can be done.

Use the command
setres widthxhight

Post subject: RoboPatton
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 13:05 
Editors
Editors

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=853183&posted=1#post853183

Cool :party:

@RSharpe : Yes, its like tet5uo posted, please check the game's Detailed Report for more information.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2013, 09:05 

Update on RO2, now supports multi-monitors... All perfect. Just found a failure when objectives marks.

September 23, 2013
Quote:
Eyefinity/nVidia Surround support in 3x1 Landscape and 5x1 Landscape (5x1 Portrait not currently supported). Menus and HUD correctly resize and relocate to the center monitor

http://steamcommunity.com/app/35450/dis ... 825709621/