Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action and more.

Join Commander Shepard in the struggle against the Reapers in the conclusion to the Mass Effect trilogy.

Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.

Post subject: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 15:14 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action and more.

Join Commander Shepard in the struggle against the Reapers in the conclusion to the Mass Effect trilogy.

Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by Jackal Frost on 29 Nov 2018, 21:31, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 01:19 

I know the menu disapears on boot up, however I noticed while playing the weapons modification station is also not working properly. Just FYI.

Post subject: /shrug
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 05:22 

The game works great, all menus and everything without any kind of hack/mod. The only problem is that the framerate sucks! Feels like I'm barely getting 15 FPS just walking around the Normandy. Sure, my system isn't that super high-spec, but I feel like it should run better than this. It flies when running on a single monitor, with all the graphics settings maxed.

Athlon 4200+
4 GB DDR2 800 MHz
ATI 5570 1 GB x16 2.0
three 1280x1024 panels

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 06:14 

Seems to be working pretty good for me, Menu's all seem to be intact. Im running the game with no vsync hack and im getting fairly decent frames per second. 90-100 fps @ 6028x1080

Just wondering what FOV most people are using, im currently on 85* and it seems to be ok. Any higher and it gives me a headace.

■ i7 950 @ 4.3ghz ■ Asus RIII Formula ■ 12gb Gskill 1600mhz ddr3 ■ GTX 580 3gb SLI @ 935/2105mhz 1.138v ■ Enermax Revo 1020w PSU ■ Lian Li PC-Z70 ■ Dell U2311H x3 ■ Watercooled CPU + GPU's"On the road of life there are two types of people...Those who are on the way & those who are in the way!"

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 07:08 

The game works great, all menus and everything without any kind of hack/mod. The only problem is that the framerate sucks! Feels like I'm barely getting 15 FPS just walking around the Normandy. Sure, my system isn't that super high-spec, but I feel like it should run better than this. It flies when running on a single monitor, with all the graphics settings maxed.

Athlon 4200+
4 GB DDR2 800 MHz
ATI 5570 1 GB x16 2.0
three 1280x1024 panels

You might find that it's dropping just below 60 fps in multi monitor mode and is vsyncing it to 30fps instead.

Open up DocumentsBioWareMass Effect 3BIOGameConfigGamerSettings.ini
Then add this line to the bottom of the [SystemSettings] section: UseVsync=False

It will still cap your fps at 62, although it wont artificially slow it down to 30. If you want to remove the fps cap altogether then add this line below the UseVsync line with whatever number you want the max fps to be: MaxSmoothedFrameRate=300

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 12:39 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd leave the FPS smoothing where it's at unless you can maintain a higher FPS consistently. The FPS smoothing in UE3 is gorgeous and works wonders. Just disable vsync and leave FPS smoothing on.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 20:54 

Hey Lolotov,

Is it possible to have two grades assigned to the game for multi-monitor?

I ask as Eyefinity users have few if any issues at default with ME3...whereas Nvidia Surround users are very broken unless using a patch like Helifax's. I can understand assigning a "C" on the basis of Nvidia, but ME3 for Eyefinity has fewer annoyances/bugs than games like Fallout3 or FO:NV...and those games got silver medals (B). The only thing I and others see as broken on ME3 is that the HUD elements are not centered, but the are still completely visible and usable. All other menus look fine and are scaled/placed properly.

I see "C" and think "aw crap this probably won't work", whereas for Eyefinity users the game works fine....so long as you don't go futzing back and forth between bezel compensated and non-compensated resolutions and forget to change things back.

Post subject: Skripka wrote:Hey
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 21:47 
Administrators
Administrators

Hey Lolotov,

I ask as Eyefinity users have few if any issues at default with ME3...whereas Nvidia Surround users are very broken unless using a patch like Helifax's. I can understand assigning a "C" on the basis of Nvidia, but ME3 for Eyefinity has fewer annoyances/bugs than games like Fallout3 or FO:NV...and those games got silver medals (B). The only thing I and others see as broken on ME3 is that the HUD elements are not centered, but the are still completely visible and usable. All other menus look fine and are scaled/placed properly.

I see "C" and think "aw crap this probably won't work", whereas for Eyefinity users the game works fine....so long as you don't go futzing back and forth between bezel compensated and non-compensated resolutions and forget to change things back.

No for a few reasons. Firstly, with automatic grading, you can't do this. We are not looking to split the grading for each multi-mon type because there are very few games in this situation for what works out to be alot of overhead. Secondly, if the game is flawed for Multi-Monitor, it gets scored accordingly. It's no different to a game that supports 16:9 but not 16:10 - it affects some people but not others, but overall it is flawed. You have to read the DR to find out what the issue is. If you're an Eyefinity user, you read the DR and find out you're ok, then so be it.

The grade is for Multi-Monitor in general, and we don't reward it for being good on one type of multi-mon setup but excluding others.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 02:41 

[quote]Hey Lolotov,

No for a few reasons. Firstly, with automatic grading, you can't do this. We are not looking to split the grading for each multi-mon type because there are very few games in this situation for what works out to be alot of overhead. Secondly, if the game is flawed for Multi-Monitor, it gets scored accordingly. It's no different to a game that supports 16:9 but not 16:10 - it affects some people but not others, but overall it is flawed. You have to read the DR to find out what the issue is. If you're an Eyefinity user, you read the DR and find out you're ok, then so be it.

The grade is for Multi-Monitor in general, and we don't reward it for being good on one type of multi-mon setup but excluding others.

Then could we have the detailed report edited to the effect that Eyefinity is fine, and only Nvidia Surround is borked at default and requires any sort of patch to be usable?

The way the report is now, it reads like all multi-monitor users need a patch to get it usable.