Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 18:33 

hi skipclarke,

is Hayden's GW2 beta fix released somewhere?

Post subject: hi,was interested in
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 10:50 

hi,was interested in increasing fov but seems not working for me.
Can u describe how is the procedure? what i did is opening the tool configuring it,open gw2 and i see it is detected by flawless widescreen but when i press enable key and i play with + and - fow,nothing happens-.-
I have fxaa tool installed in the game folder maybe is that?
Can u please also say what the znear camera padding does?

thx

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 10:52 

As mentioned previously, running triple screen 5760x1080 on dual Nvidia 560ti

UI Elements - Cannot move chat window or minimap (they are vertical snap positions only)

Camera issues - Particularly when camera clips on objects or player enters internal structures, camera becomes detached and nearly impossible to view or control player

Cutscene Stretch - All cutscenes characters are stretched

These are three major issues i've seen thus far on triple screen but other than that, outdoors the game is gorgeous.

Also happens in single display

Post subject: kilyan wrote:hi,was
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 11:02 

hi,was interested in increasing fov but seems not working for me.
I have fxaa tool installed in the game folder maybe is that?

tried without same problem,doesn't work

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2012, 19:00 

anyone can help me make this work?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 01:09 

I cannot get the fixer to work. I don't mind most of the little things like items not being centered, but when I go to my map, most of the waypoints become unclickable..I cannot interact with them! Until I figure out why this happens in multi monitor mode, I can't really do it. Not being able to fast travel via clicking waypoints makes this game almost unplayable.

Thank you for doing your best Hayden. I will await another release of the fixer.

Post subject: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2012, 01:00 

I haven't been able to get Flawless Widescreen to help with scaling.. yet. Everytime I try, the game crashes during character selection. I'll update if I can get it to work.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 02:36 
Founder
Founder

I haven't been able to get Flawless Widescreen to help with scaling.. yet. Everytime I try, the game crashes during character selection. I'll update if I can get it to work.

Try disabling the centered HUD. There is an issue with the screen detection and CrossFire. I had the issue with my 2x 7970 setup. I disabled centered HUD and it works great.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 18:44 

I turned off the centered HUD in flawless widescreen and am only using it for camera padding, and it works ok with SoftTh

The only open issues I have so far is the UI:

1) Items that require a double click (such as scavenger kits) will not allow me to double click them. Items like bags of loot, or equipment that you can double click, I just right click and select "use" and that works. But If I want to scavenge, i have to switch back to single screen, get it done, then go back to tripple.

2) The initial load screen where you select your character is cut off on the tomp and bottom so I cant see my characters head or feet. Same thing for cut scenes, characters are out of view for head and feet. (no biggie, but annoying)

Would be gre3at to see these two fixes put into flawless widescreen!

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 19:21 

Most folks who believe it's not working (originally like myself) This trully only fixes some folks. I have 3GTX580 SLI 3 monitors. I finally figure that it has to be in Windowed Full Screen format to see the difference. When I run on full screen mode, this fix is not needed. When in Windowed mode, you see the map on the far right and pretty much only belts of the toons when in the cinematic scenes. I also got the screen bounce when close to objects in windows mode unless patched this fix. So just FYI.

I will say this for a fact, when the HUD issues (like the chat box) is fixed I'll donate a good amount. but again I know this is a work in progress.

windowed full screen 958 190

fullscreen // also will look like this in Windowed Mode w/ this fix

When the fix is applied it will actually look lik the Fullscreen