Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 11:13 

I was wondering if someone would take the time to modify EmperorEdit.exe to use 1449x860 (1600x900 playing window) Empire maps, rather then standard 800x600, in generating custom campaigns for Widescreen users. There are two custom campaigns presently that have custom Empire Maps for the standard 800x600 system.
http://emperor.heavengames.com/download ... fileid=516
http://emperor.heavengames.com/download ... fileid=431

thanks for your time in reading this request
-user3

edit to correct the desired 3/4HD size

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 14:29 

Hello,

Thank you for making this patch, it helps me play at modern day screensizes. However I ran into a problem of not being able to play in OpenPlay. In this menu, if I click the 'To the City' button it returns me to the Main Menu. I am using the EN-1920x1080 patch. Can you look into this and release an update please?

(Game purchased through GoG.com, they have no Widescreen patch themselves.)

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 15:01 

Hey Greeves;
Can you choose/specify the City Map? Are you getting the list of Maps after clicking 'Random City' button?

Is the 'Historical Campaign' & 'Custom Campaign' buttons seen above the 'Open Play' button?

I am thinking the shortcut 'Start In' setting got mangled because of the GOG path. Editing the shortcut 'Start In' to reflect GOG's path might fix it.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 21:34 

Hello Urser3,

I can choose which ever setting I want in the OpenPlay menu, no buttons not related to this menu are seen.
As to the 'Start In' setting, I would not know where that might be hidden.

PS: There is no R in Geeves, also Greaves go on your legs.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017, 14:05 

Greetings Geeves;
Sorry for the name mangling.
'Right Click' the "Shortcut" you use to start Emperor.
a. If the shortcut is in Win10 Start; select More > 'Open File location'. find the real shortcut(has an arrow in lower left corner) at that location.
b. Right Click the shortcut. Select 'Properties'. From the Popup dialog select the "Shortcut" Tab. There you will find the "Start In" setting. It should be very similar to the "Target" setting but without "Emperor.exe". You may try to copy the 'Target' and paste it into 'Start In' remove "\Emperor.exe".

or get someone you trust to do it for you.
I won't rule out a conflict with GOG install virtualization, but the issue wouldn't be the widescreen patch(IMO).

-happy gaming
Urser3
aka user3

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2017, 18:58 

I think you are mistaken on where I am inside the game menu's. There is nothing wrong with the shortcut. I am, as stated before, able to play the campaigns without issue. The sole issue here is that on this menu:
http://my-palace.wikia.com/wiki/File:Em ... ptions.png
when I click on the 'to the city' button, it does not load the open-play map selected, but instead goes back to a previous menu. (as if I right clicked)

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2017, 14:34 

Since you can click the "to the city" button and get a response then there is no issue with the provided Emperor.exe. The 1920x1080 version works fine with my original CD install, so it is your unique individual problem. The replacement EXEs are all 5 years old so I imagine someone would of complained before the GOG distribution.

Some info on how the Open Play gets you to the city.
'Bronze Age.pak', 'Iron Age.pak' or 'Steel Age.pak' has to be in the expected location of ".../EmperorRotMK/Campaigns" as defined by the Shortcut's "start in:' path.
Same goes for the '*.map' but its expected path is ".../EmperorRotMK/Cities"

But hey, your welcome to wait for someone elses opinion.
-good luck
user3

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2017, 16:48 

Thank you for that answer. I have had some contact with the GoG support team and suggested that maybe they make an update simular to this one to avoid such problems for other people in the future.

Swapping the exe files around will allow me to play open play, using the old exe to start and save a map, and then restarting the game with the new exe to play at 1920x1080 resolution.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2018, 06:39 

Howdy
Great patch! I love city-building games, so I am happy to see that people still play them and make them more pleasant via modding.
However, I am playing on Polish version and - as mentioned before by other users - Polish letters are not displayed correctly. Can I ask for a 1440x900 patch for Polish version of the game? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 14:28 

Why 1280x720 is not available? Pharaoh & Zeus solutions have 1280x720...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next