Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Batman Arkham City
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2011, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - Batman Arkham City

The main storyline revolves around Batman's imprisonment in Arkham City, a sprawling new super-prison five times bigger than the original asylum and enclosing a wide variety of industrial districts, iconic locations and Gotham City landmarks. He must now stop mishaps occurring around this chaotic enclosure, mainly caused by his arch-nemesis The Joker.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 16:38 
Founder
Founder

Well, not perfect, but that is certainly an improvement.

Post subject: An improvement for
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 17:08 
Editors
Editors

An improvement for Surround... but these remain Vert- in WS. Hard to capture on screenshots though.

DR updated, no Gold despite natively Hor+ basic gameplay. Rocksteady is no match for all the FOV tricks good ol' UE3 still has up its sleeves !

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 01:14 
Editors
Editors

This MIGHT need some more attention, if I'm not being crazy. On my very first playthrough, all HUD elements were centered. On further loads, they are spanned. Because they are consistently spanned every time I play now, I'm starting to doubt myself. I'll do some testing tonight. I'm doubting myself even more.

Edit: I can't recreate it. I'm guessing maybe the start of the game doesn't use the HUD much except for centered messages so maybe I just figured the HUD was centered. I could have sworn I remember the health bar and combo meter being on the center screen though...

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 08:24 
Editors
Editors

Picked this one up it was 50% for Black Friday on Origin.

It's an insane 30 something gigabyte installer though, my poor SSD can't handle that. Afraid if I swap to a secondary HDD for install my BF3 install already located on the SSD will have to be re-done.

At any rate keeping track of all our knowledge on the multi monitor issues so I can mention them in a surround feature video and we can plaster that up and see if devs catch the attention and give notice to any issues we mention.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2011, 12:59 
Editors
Editors

By the by, this DR is not exactly complete. I (well, we) still need to incorporate the AC fov fix into the mix, which might work 100% for widescreen but complicates matters in multi-mon, since fixing Catwoman's claw climbing results in breaking anamorphic cutscenes... unless you create different FOV keys and remember to hit the right one at the right moment...
Not sure how to put all that in the report atm, suggestions welcome.