Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2012, 07:00 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported

Read Full Detailed Report - Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (abbreviated THPS HD) is a skateboarding video game in the Tony Hawk's series of skateboarding games. The game is a high-definition re-release featuring classic levels from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2012, 04:37 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (abbreviated THPS HD) is a skateboarding video game in the Tony Hawk's series of skateboarding games. The game is a high-definition re-release featuring classic levels from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 25 May 2015, 02:03, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 06:04 

Hi,

I mentioned this a long time ago but some reformating of the page happened and I think it was lost, there is a way to fix the close-up shot in Eyefinity/Surround mode. Problem is, I am away from home and can't remember the file but it's an ini file, can't even remember the exact line either, but...It's something like FOV Aspect Ratio with X after it I think, or is it Y?

I realise this is not that helpful, but I have it working in surround fine (but with the black lines) When I get back, if I remember, I will come back here and post the instructions in case any is ever looking for a solution. Anyway, whatever the variable is, X or Y; just change it the opposite (X to Y or Y to X) and you will get the correct aspect ratio for surround.

Later! :thumbup:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 10:20 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the tip ! Must be the usual switch in recent UE3 games: in THHDEngine.ini, search the line AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV and replace X with Y.
This is often helpful but never ideal, as it makes the FOV way higher than regular Hor+. Much better than Vert- though ! Screenshots would be great ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2014, 15:27 

Yes that's it! It does do a decent job, I'd say the FOV is still a little too low as the corners are quite visually distorted. I am on holiday until the end of March but I will post screen shots when I get back. Cheers!

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2014, 13:07 

Hi, I've taken a screenshot, I don't have anywhere to upload it on the web, so if you have a place I can send it, let me know.

PostPosted: 24 May 2015, 23:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Game looks quite good. Hor+ & FOV looks proper. HUD & all text perfect. But black margin remains.
1. Edit %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD\THHDGame\Config\THHDEngine.ini (game creates this file). ResX & ResY yours.
2. Edit (same folder)\THHDCamera.bin (Notepad). Add 33.85 to the four FOV values (approximate for PLP, adjust as needed. defaults: 65,72,72,72).
(There is a YFOV edit available also, but is not needed.)

DR's MM entry updated (but not LLL image). Manual PLP instruction & screenshots: http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/05 ... structions
(Manual PLP screenshot, player stationary)