Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is a role-playing video game developed by Snowblind Studios. It is based on the events taking place in the northern regions of Middle-earth in the background of the main story of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, more specifically in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy universe. Players take control of a hero of the war, and are able to play through the game alone or co-operatively with other players.

Last edited by thales100 on 26 May 2013, 15:06, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 05:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is a role-playing video game developed by Snowblind Studios. It is based on the events taking place in the northern regions of Middle-earth in the background of the main story of J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, more specifically in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy universe. Players take control of a hero of the war, and are able to play through the game alone or co-operatively with other players.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by czarman on 10 Sep 2016, 07:30, edited 5 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2011, 12:02 
Editors
Editors

how did you get that last screen shot? I was not able to select any triple screen resolution with the game.

Please check the game's Detailed Report - check post above yours, there is a multi-monitor solution there.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 08:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Res Launcher, FOV Fix and Centered HUD.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 20:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated DR with Flawless Widescreen Solution and added 21:9 by editing some script. - THX imusrt for the Tip --> http://www.wsgf.org/blog/imusrt/2015/11 ... tions-2011

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016, 16:26 

Hello guys.
I'm not sure if I post it in the good section but I'm having an issue with Flawless Widescreen and this game. Both are launched as Admin but the process is not recognized by FLWS. Even with the game launched it stills written "Searching for LOTR: War in the North process, please configure desired settings and launch the game." .
I'm playing French version of this game, so I tried to edit the .lua to see if the windowname and the classname have something to do with the detection, but nothing changed.

I'm sorry again if I'm posting in the wrong section, I stay at your disposition for some information/testing .

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2016, 21:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Is it maybe the Retail Version you are using? The Steam Version (English) is working correctly with FW.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2016, 17:27 

I'm using the French Steam version. The game files are in English too.
Is there any tool I can use to dig by myself into what's different with my game version ?

Edit : I installed the English version and it works as you said. The process name is the same as the French one, but the window name changed. I'll try to edit it in the scripts folder as soon as my download is over :D (I already tried once but I forgot to uncheck the auto-update). And it didn't works D: .

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2017, 07:21 

I have successfully got this game to play at 3440 x 1440 with flawless widescreen, however the menu (with the 3 characters shown) is too zoomed in. This means that although I can start a game, I cannot see my current characters level at the top left, nor the "select game" button at the bottom left.
How do i fix this?