Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 07:00 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and be the hero of your own Star Wars™ saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts.
Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.
Developed by BioWare & LucasArts.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011, 07:59 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: B
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and be the hero of your own Star Wars™ saga in a story-driven massively-multiplayer online game from BioWare and LucasArts.
Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy.
Developed by BioWare & LucasArts.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 05 Jan 2015, 03:25, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 11:40 

can i move the minimap and those text-thingies (quests?) to the center monitor? or are they stuck on the side monitors?

Logitech G510 | Razer Deathadder Respawn | Steelseries Qck+ |

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 11:05 
Insiders
Insiders

The only thing you can move is the chat! Other (for the moment) are stuck on the peripheral monitors!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Post subject: I wonder if there's an
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 20:51 
Insiders
Insiders

I wonder if there's an anti-cheat system in place. I'm interested in trying to center the HUD at least. I've been playing this on a single screen simply because the HUD is too far to the sides.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 01:42 
Insiders
Insiders

I wonder if there's an anti-cheat system in place. I'm interested in trying to center the HUD at least. I've been playing this on a single screen simply because the HUD is too far to the sides.

Yes.. I was wondering the same thing.....What I noticed is that d3d9.dll is directly used to calculate the resolution of the HUD... Also there are 2 processes active when starting the game...Not sure why..... What I could make so far is putting all the hud elements on the left monitor. It seems that the HUD is taken after the desktop resolution while the game resolution is not modified at all. I think this is the reason for the two processes. The hud is just an overlay over the game...

Still need to confirm it thou... It this would be the case than we would hack the overlay and not the actual game...So no ban there...or at least I think is like this:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 02:57 
Insiders
Insiders

I highly doubt it uses two processes for that. I'll look into why it uses two in a bit. My guess is that one is used to monitor the other, or run some stuff separately (sandboxed). However, there could be any reason for this. I doubt one of them is resolution-related.

The game uses the desktop resolution to determine the aspect-ratio as well. If my desktop is 6056x1080 and I set the game to fullscreen 1920x1080, the game will be in fullscreen at 1920x1080, but it will use the aspect-ratio of the desktop, which is ridiculously wide for that res. The HUD placement will be correct since it's just going to the edges.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post subject: There is some tweaks
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 09:40 

There is some tweaks :
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951199-star-wars-the-old-republic/61343050
http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/na4rk/swtor_tweak_list_update_15_chat_bubbles_still_in/

Now, for example, you know how to turn on the antialiasing ;)

Maybe it's possible to do something about this %$@#& fixed HUD with the "he####_CharName_PlayerGUIState.ini"... ?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011, 10:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I highly doubt it uses two processes for that. I'll look into why it uses two in a bit. My guess is that one is used to monitor the other, or run some stuff separately (sandboxed). However, there could be any reason for this. I doubt one of them is resolution-related.

The game uses the desktop resolution to determine the aspect-ratio as well. If my desktop is 6056x1080 and I set the game to fullscreen 1920x1080, the game will be in fullscreen at 1920x1080, but it will use the aspect-ratio of the desktop, which is ridiculously wide for that res. The HUD placement will be correct since it's just going to the edges.

Yes I suspect as much! I think the game is sandboxed. You will see once you open CheatEngine 2 processes are found for SWTOR. One apparently is the actual game. The other one seems to point (more or less) to d3d9.dll..

Didn't have enough time to dig deeper than this...

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2011, 11:10 
I Donated
I Donated

Has there been any progress on this? Would be awesome to have a good ol' centered UI!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next