Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 07:00 

Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 19:58 

Does anybody have an update for me on this?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 23:39 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't know what to tell ya, I used it a while back and didn't have any issues. Did you apply a patch or something? Or maybe you need to. It could be that the fixer is altering a specific version if that .dll.

What are your OS and system specs?? Does the gae run when not using the fixer? You DID back up the altered file, right? Search the rest of the forum or maybe the EA boards - surely, you're not the only one to have this happen.

Hm you could also try lower 16:9 resolutions such as 1280x720, and force heavy AA to make up for it...

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 13:05 

I don't know what to tell ya, I used it a while back and didn't have any issues. Did you apply a patch or something? Or maybe you need to. It could be that the fixer is altering a specific version if that .dll.

What are your OS and system specs?? Does the gae run when not using the fixer? You DID back up the altered file, right? Search the rest of the forum or maybe the EA boards - surely, you're not the only one to have this happen.

Hm you could also try lower 16:9 resolutions such as 1280x720, and force heavy AA to make up for it...

I tried it unpatched as well as patched. I'm using Win7: Core2Duo, 5870, 2GB Ram, Creative X-Fi Platinum and I tried using different resolutions as well to no avail.

I wonder if I could manually edit the .dll myself to change the resolution like I've read about. Unfortunately I do not know the values I would need to look for specific to this.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 14:09 

After conducting a wide range of methodical testing I narrowed the cause of this issue down to the Vista/Win7 Operating System. Where I am quite satisfied overall with Windows 7 as a whole, it is different than how XP operates, producing different results. Casting aside too much technobabble, users aren't granted permission to remove Read-Only on files without changing ownership permission. In addition, checking or unchecking the folder's read-write checkbox edits the files inside the folder while not changing the Read-Write checkbox in folder properties itself. Regardless of the properties of the files inside, the read-write box of the folder remains checked.

You can edit ownership to include write permission to change your read-write ability. Easier, drag the DXWrap.dll folder out of the directory, locate it with UniWS, edit it then move it back to the original folder.

The confusion came from learning the Read-Write behavior of Windows and UniWS states you must use the 1024x768 resolution in the game for custom resolutions.

I only hope this helps everyone else who wants to enjoy this fantastic game and get it at their specified resolution to play some golf!

:searchplease

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 03:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Glad you got it working.

And i got 2004 working just fine on the same OS and the fixer works fine.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 07:29 

Glad you got it working.

And i got 2004 working just fine on the same OS and the fixer works fine.

Something else came up. Right when I thought I was set too!

I don't know if it has anything to do with UniWS but hopefully we can contact the guy who added PGA Tour to UniWS.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 18:21 
Editors
Editors

Hmm, this reminds me I must have one of them (2004 or 2005) somewhere...
Logite, can you post comparison screenshots (4:3 vs. widescreen) ?

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 01:56 
Insiders
Insiders

What's this "other thing"? PS i installed 2004 on my desktop, too. Works fine. Same OS. I Do recall it workign great for 2005 and at elast one more after that.