Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 08:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Killing Floor
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 07:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - Killing Floor

Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS set in the devastated cities and countryside of England after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military dropped into these locations with a simple mission: Survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 18:51 
Editors
Editors

Startup logos don't count as cut-scenes. Are there any real cut-scenes inside the game ? If not, simply replace FMV & Rendered by None.
BTW just because a FMV is cut-off in Multi-mon, does not mean it's Vert- overall ;)

A while ago Hydralisk_X reported the crossbow zoom's odd behavior: http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/10555/killing-floor-5040-x-1050?page=2#comment-186465
Was this fixed ? Are there other scoped weapons and do they exhibit the same issues ?

And finally, I reckon comparison shots of the trader interface (an important aspect of the game) would be welcome.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2012, 19:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Startup logos don't count as cut-scenes. Are there any real cut-scenes inside the game ? If not, simply replace FMV & Rendered by None.

Ok. Screenshots deleted. Marked as none.

BTW just because a FMV is cut-off in Multi-mon, does not mean it's Vert- overall Wink

I agree... but this one actually is Vert- ... Only the part cuf off is just black so its hard to notice.

A while ago Hydralisk_X reported the crossbow zoom's odd behavior: http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/10555/killing-floor-5040-x-1050?p...
Was this fixed ? Are there other scoped weapons and do they exhibit the same issues ?

I havnt noticed. Checked and I havnt found any issues. Uploaded screenshots for crossbow and scar

And finally, I reckon comparison shots of the trader interface (an important aspect of the game) would be welcome.

Done. However in polish and as I have stated before - menus are streched. But still easy to use.

Also added few screenshots of rendered cutscenes.

Cheers!

Post subject: Wow, you're fast ! To be
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 13:08 
Editors
Editors

Wow, you're fast ! :cheers

To be perfectly clear though, it's the zoomed crossbow scope view that was a problem; see third page of aforementioned thread.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012, 16:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Ye I saw that post. But I guess the issue was resolved with some patch. Because as you can see no issues with zooming whatsoever :)

Also I have tried changing hudscalex value in the ini file - the result wasnt whatyou'd expect from ut2004...
Hud is still streched... however your weapon get scaled.

Tbh I can live with scaled hud and streched menus - for me this game gets a nice boost in immersion when played in EF.