Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2011, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Third-person slasher with basic loot, XP and auto-cover systems. You play as either Elara the elven archer or Caddoc the barbarian, both of which must cooperate to open certain doors, trigger story-related events and revive each other. Hunted also features a level editor and Gamespy-powered LAN and online multiplayer, but sadly no local co-op. It's a mediocre game at best, but at least it's easy to fix.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by scavvenjahh on 21 Aug 2015, 11:42, edited 4 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 01:10 

Hi, I've gone over the page a number of times in the past to find and download the .ini file bundle that is mentioned to fix the FOV issues, but I can't find it. Has the link to the supplied file been removed or is obsolete? I already use Flawless Widescreen & Widescreen Fixer for some games but have been unable to find one for this game. I have gone into the .ini file to edit the 32 different FOVangle's myself, but then I was unsure what I should change them to. I Appreciate the help in advance

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2014, 17:15 
Editors
Editors

Sorry about that - a few Detailed Reports have lost their attachments during the Grand Summoning Of The New And Improved WSGF, and apparently Hunted is one of them. I'll try to find the files on my end and re-upload them, but it may take a while.

The method is basically to use FOVCalc to get the right FOVAngle value for your resolution of choice.

Example:
FOVAngle=75

This means that at the default aspect ratio (16:9), the FOV for this particular action is 75.
In FOVCalc, input the following...

[Left box: 'Required fields']
Details of your display setup, let's use my resolution: 6060x1200 Across 1 (it's a triple-screen really, but it's quicker this way)

[Right box: 'Optional fields']
'Old Res or Ratio:' 16:9 (this is the dafult aspect ratio, for which the 75 FOV was designed)
'Old hFOV:' 75

A line below the box says 'New hFOV=130.71"
That's the updated value we want ! So let's replace 75 with it in the file:

FOVAngle=130.71

And you do this for every other FOVAngle value. Tedious... but easy enough.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2014, 13:23 
Editors
Editors

The "file bundle" is back, check the DR to download it.
Couldn't find the original fix so I re-created it. The new files are for wider-than-HD aspects only; the FOV is actually Vert+ in narrower resolutions, no ini edit required. (No screenshots yet, though so the WS grade will remain unchanged for a while...)