Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DiRT 3
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: A

Read Full Detailed Report - DiRT 3

Get ready for DiRT 3! Race through the snow, rain and dirt and experience dramatic night races with the most amount of rally content in the series yet.

Express yourself in the stunning new Gymkhana mode, inspired by Ken Block’s incredible freestyle driving event, and upload your best runs direct to YouTube! Compete in iconic rally cars representing 50 years of the sport, from the classic Audi Quattro to the 2011 Ford Fiesta WRC, and take on all game modes in split-screen and competitive online multiplayer. Competing as a professional rally star you’ll enjoy intense racing across three continents – from the forests of Michigan to the infamous roads of Finland and the national parks of Kenya.

Powered by Codemasters’ award-winning EGO Engine, DiRT 3 features Flashback to rewind time and genre-leading damage. DiRT 3 is the ultimate off-road racer

Post subject: DiRT 3
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2011, 16:30 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: A
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - DiRT 3

Get ready for DiRT 3! Race through the snow, rain and dirt and experience dramatic night races with the most amount of rally content in the series yet.

Express yourself in the stunning new Gymkhana mode, inspired by Ken Block’s incredible freestyle driving event, and upload your best runs direct to YouTube! Compete in iconic rally cars representing 50 years of the sport, from the classic Audi Quattro to the 2011 Ford Fiesta WRC, and take on all game modes in split-screen and competitive online multiplayer. Competing as a professional rally star you’ll enjoy intense racing across three continents – from the forests of Michigan to the infamous roads of Finland and the national parks of Kenya.

Powered by Codemasters’ award-winning EGO Engine, DiRT 3 features Flashback to rewind time and genre-leading damage. DiRT 3 is the ultimate off-road racer

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by Jackal Frost on 13 Dec 2016, 21:47, edited 4 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 17:22 
Editors
Editors

Um, you can't really give an A to a DR that has weird screenies and no details on cut-scenes... The centered multi-mon HUD is another issue; is this some Eyefinity-only oddity again ?
Anyway, I've uploaded a bunch of screenies, and although I didn't touch them I do think the main gameplay shots should be replaced.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 18:07 
Founder
Founder

Can you do clean copies of the main gameplay screens?

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 10:25 
Editors
Editors

Can you do clean copies of the main gameplay screens?
Done.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 14:56 
Editors
Editors

Nvidia drivers 285.62 finally fixed DX11 mode for me, and it appears the multi-mon HUD is spanned in DX9 but centered in DX11... (The performance boost is such that I'm starting to think this is a DX11 game with DX9 mode, rather than the opposite.) The intro FMV is also unstretched in DX11. Widescreen support is unchanged.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011, 11:54 

Works perfectly on 5x1P

Post subject: Issues with Dirt 3
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2012, 09:44 

There are significant issues with graphical glitches, sadly not limited to Radeon users. I have MASSIVE in-game stuttering rendering the game unplayable and am returning it after two days of trying to make it work. Yes, i did a clean install of all new drivers and I tried all the other tricks I could find to make it work. It is a well recognised issue that I only wish I know about before purchasing the game. If anyone is interested I can PM you a link to a youtube vid of the stuttering taking place (interestingly the in-game recording smooths out the stuttering so I had to use my phone to make the recording, hence the less than average quality).