Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Age of Empires Online
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012, 07:00 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: Unsupported

Read Full Detailed Report - Age of Empires Online

Age of Empires Online (abbreviated AoEO), is a history-based RTS. The game is free-to-play—it is free for users to play, with the additional option of earning or purchasing premium content. Premium content may include access to many special items and blueprints, and more quests and features. Also, booster packs are now available, such as Defense of Crete and Skirmish. This former gives the player the ability to play in a survival type mode game, while the latter allows up to four humans versus up to four CPU opponents in a more traditional skirmish gamemode. (Soure: Wikipedia)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012, 16:16 

I just wanted to point out that for me, in both my old 6870x2 eyefinity and current 680gtx surround setups, the game is unplayable at surround res, even with all options off. It seems to have something to do with certain shaders or content on screen, because I can scroll to some areas where it works fine, but in others it becomes a slide show. Running on a Sandybridge @ 4.4 with 8 gigs of RAM on Win7x64. I've still had fun with it at 1080p, but it is a shame about wide res, especially since GPG's last big RTS, Supreme Commander 2, supported it nicely and is a lot of fun.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 13:25 
Editors
Editors

I second that, the game is unplayable in Surround because of extreme framerate degradation - regardless of the pixel count or graphical detail.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2012, 13:28 
Founder
Founder

I'll update the DR. I played an initial bit and it was fine for me, but I didn't play beyond getting pics.