Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 16:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SimCity 5 (2013)
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 03:32 
Administrators
Administrators

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: A
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - SimCity 5 (2013)

SimCity 5 (2013) is the latest installment by Maxis in the SimCity series.

The game focuses on smaller building plots than previous games while increasing interaction with neighboring cities. The game saves are purely cloud based, and the game requires a constant internet connection. The game is described as a city-simulation MMO, although I am not sure you could consider a maximum of 16 players an MMO. The game can be played as a single-player but this still requires an internet connection and all saves are still cloud-based.

SimCity has many issues that have plagued it since it's troubled release. Issues including cities being lost from the cloud servers, failing to process properly and being forced to roll-back to a previous state, and flaws in the city calculations for industries and traffic, etc.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by AussieTimmeh on 10 Jan 2014, 12:15, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Re: SimCity 5 (2013)
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2013, 17:48 

sorry to be picky but is it not just SimCity?

EA and Maxis were calling it a "reboot" rather than a sequal hence it's not really 5 and is just SimCity (2013) version. Or are you including the 5 because SimCity already exists?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimCity_(2013_video_game) added wiki link in case we want to take this info as a reboot

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 01:20 
Administrators
Administrators

The problem with our Master Games List (MGL) is that you cannot have alternate names for games. So searching for SimCity 5 on Wikipedia redirects to that page you linked to, however it would yield no results on our MGL. So we include common names to assist searches, such as F3AR. If you google SimCity 5 you will see that it's a common name, even if not official.

If we had an alternate name field that would be searchable along with the main, then I would leave 5 out of the main title, yes. The function of the name is to assist users to find the DR they are looking for, so this is the best compromise.

I might hit up Delphium about seeing if an alternate field is possible now that the PHPBB move has settled down.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 17:14 

AussieTimmeh wrote:
The problem with our Master Games List (MGL) is that you cannot have alternate names for games. So searching for SimCity 5 on Wikipedia redirects to that page you linked to, however it would yield no results on our MGL. So we include common names to assist searches, such as F3AR. If you google SimCity 5 you will see that it's a common name, even if not official.

If we had an alternate name field that would be searchable along with the main, then I would leave 5 out of the main title, yes. The function of the name is to assist users to find the DR they are looking for, so this is the best compromise.

I might hit up Delphium about seeing if an alternate field is possible now that the PHPBB move has settled down.

Answering all my questions today :) thanks mate

Glad to know there is a reason why things are like they are :cheers:

i7 3770K (Ivy bridge) | Corsair Dominator 32GB | Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus Intel Z77 | Corsair H100i | 2 x Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7950 in crossfire | NXZT Phantom case | OCZ 1000W Powersupply | Samsung 840 PRO 256GB | 2x OCZ agility 3 60GB SSDs | 2x 1TB HDDs |

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2013, 22:48 
Administrators
Administrators

No problems, it's good to have users questioning why we do things because sometimes the answer is just 'damn, not sure, maybe we should fix it!' and in this case 'oh yeah we were supposed to get back to that once things settled down with the migration, I wonder if we have time to look at that again now'. Both useful, cheers.