Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012, 07:00 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

The unexpected surprise hit and GameSpot's Best of 2009 - Game of the Year Winner Demon’s Souls now has its spiritual successor in Dark Souls. This once-in-a-generation game will take you through an experience so challenging, so punishing and yet so intensely gratifying that it will leave you anguished for wanting more. Set in a rich, dark fantasy world, experience tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and groundbreaking online features for a truly unforgettable gaming experience.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

Last edited by helifax on 06 Apr 2015, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2013, 22:07 

Love, love, love this game! I own it for the PS3, and now my old computer died so I upgraded. The first thing I did was download Dark Souls from Steam. I got it up and running just fine using DSFix mods and the enhanced texture mod pack. It looks phenomenal!

Now, here's where I want to cry. I have a projector setup with an anamorphic lens so my screen is 21:9. I feel like I've exhausted every avenue in order to get this game working in Ultra-widescreen format. Has anyone been able to get this game going in that format? FWIW, I'm using Windows 8 64 bit, and an NVidia GTX 760 superclocked.

I have tried all possible combinations of resolution swaps between my desktop, DSFix and the in-game resolution. I also tried using the Widescreen fixer app and it just crashes the game (and yes, I used DSFix 1.9 also).

I thought that maybe it was my projector or something, then I downloaded Burnout Paradise on Steam (great deal!) and it ran ultra widescreen flawlessly - I just chose 1920 x 816 in the menu, did the stretch with my projector, corrected it with the lens and, voila!

Any help would be much appreciated as this is, by far, my favourite game in the last few years. I'm still enjoying it in 16:9, but I'm giving up a lot of real estate by not using the whole screen.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2013, 12:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Lawlercoaster wrote:
Love, love, love this game! I own it for the PS3, and now my old computer died so I upgraded. The first thing I did was download Dark Souls from Steam. I got it up and running just fine using DSFix mods and the enhanced texture mod pack. It looks phenomenal!

Now, here's where I want to cry. I have a projector setup with an anamorphic lens so my screen is 21:9. I feel like I've exhausted every avenue in order to get this game working in Ultra-widescreen format. Has anyone been able to get this game going in that format? FWIW, I'm using Windows 8 64 bit, and an NVidia GTX 760 superclocked.

I have tried all possible combinations of resolution swaps between my desktop, DSFix and the in-game resolution. I also tried using the Widescreen fixer app and it just crashes the game (and yes, I used DSFix 1.9 also).

I thought that maybe it was my projector or something, then I downloaded Burnout Paradise on Steam (great deal!) and it ran ultra widescreen flawlessly - I just chose 1920 x 816 in the menu, did the stretch with my projector, corrected it with the lens and, voila!

Any help would be much appreciated as this is, by far, my favourite game in the last few years. I'm still enjoying it in 16:9, but I'm giving up a lot of real estate by not using the whole screen.

I just played the game yesterday and it was working perfectly with WideScreen Fixer. No crashes or anything. The plugin was developed with multi monitors in mind. 21:9 AR wasn't tested. I imagine that if you cannot select the 21:9 resolution from the game there is little I can do...

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013, 18:58 

The game crashes instantly for me when using Widescreen Fixer. I heard there was a new patch out for the game on Steam? Is that what's causing my problems?

- same thing happens when using dsfix 2.1... meh.

Using 3 16:10 monitors on a 770 GTX at 6030x1200.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 08:01 

I can confirm that the widescreen .exe crashes dark souls for steam, i tried for hours ( of precious daddy game time!) to get a combination that worked for 5670x1080 eyefinity but had no joy. If anyone has any information or advice on where i am going wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

cappa78

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013, 15:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Have both of you guys updated your game for windows live stuff? Make sure you uninstall the old one and install the latest version. I can confirm that everything is working for me on surround @5760x1080. I also think DSfix is up to 2.2 and obviously make sure you have updated your widescreen fix for dark souls as well http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html

Let me know if you need any more help.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2013, 16:30 

I am having the same issue here, when I launch I get a white screen and then it says that Dark Souls has crashed. If I run it without widescreen fixed the game launches fine, but it only runs on one monitor. I have the latest DSfix and just re-installed GFWL, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 05:51 
Insiders
Insiders

jhall1990 wrote:
I am having the same issue here, when I launch I get a white screen and then it says that Dark Souls has crashed. If I run it without widescreen fixed the game launches fine, but it only runs on one monitor. I have the latest DSfix and just re-installed GFWL, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Mate, with things like that - check your DSfix settings. Make sure you don't have any Hud things enabled. I also found out that because I have the textures for the game, I cant disable intro movies, or hide cursor - doesn't like that either. just fiddle around - if the game launches on a single monitor, then it's probably something with dsfix.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 03:11 

aolsen wrote:
The game crashes instantly for me when using Widescreen Fixer.

I am having the same problem. I haven't played for a few months and tried playing this today. With WSF running as soon as I hit launch it crashes. If I launch without it I can run DSFix just fine.

Nvidia Surround - 5760 x 1080
Dark Souls - Steam Version
WSF - v3.4 r682
DSFix - 2.2

I have troubleshot this up and down and have even tried running it vanilla with only the resolution changed in DSFix and it still game me the instant-crash with WSF running. I have also reinstalled everything from start-to-finish twice. I;ve been on this for about 6 hours now and haven't got anywhere. Window goes white and Dark Souls crashes instantly.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 14:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Grave-tm- wrote:
aolsen wrote:
The game crashes instantly for me when using Widescreen Fixer.

I am having the same problem. I haven't played for a few months and tried playing this today. With WSF running as soon as I hit launch it crashes. If I launch without it I can run DSFix just fine.

Nvidia Surround - 5760 x 1080
Dark Souls - Steam Version
WSF - v3.4 r682
DSFix - 2.2

I have troubleshot this up and down and have even tried running it vanilla with only the resolution changed in DSFix and it still game me the instant-crash with WSF running. I have also reinstalled everything from start-to-finish twice. I;ve been on this for about 6 hours now and haven't got anywhere. Window goes white and Dark Souls crashes instantly.

I will not repost the same thing here also, but you can read the solution here:
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... &start=210
which is a topic much bigger on the same game:)