Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 14:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2014, 16:15 

Confirmed. Thank you so much! I was on that website earlier to get the plugin for Enslaved and I must of missed the Dark Souls fix which was right there: Dark Souls Plugin

Here's what I just did to get Dark Souls to work with this new WSF plugin:

1. I installed new plugin and had to set WSF to v1.0.3 so it wouldn't crash.
2. Unchecked "Automatically Detect Resloution" and set display count to 3.
3. Made sure resolutions for uncorrected and bezel-corrected were both 5760 x 1080.
4. Launched game (no crash! yay!) and loaded save. My game picture was distorted/squished so I knew the fix was working.
5. I changed in game resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 5760 x 1080 and it worked! Full 5760 x 1080 resolution, HUD centered, and game not crashing.

Helifax, thanks for your response and for all you do for the community. You're a freaking ninja.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2014, 03:46 

Grave-tm- wrote:
Confirmed. Thank you so much! I was on that website earlier to get the plugin for Enslaved and I must of missed the Dark Souls fix which was right there: Dark Souls Plugin

Here's what I just did to get Dark Souls to work with this new WSF plugin:

1. I installed new plugin and had to set WSF to v1.0.3 so it wouldn't crash.
2. Unchecked "Automatically Detect Resloution" and set display count to 3.
3. Made sure resolutions for uncorrected and bezel-corrected were both 5760 x 1080.
4. Launched game (no crash! yay!) and loaded save. My game picture was distorted/squished so I knew the fix was working.
5. I changed in game resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 5760 x 1080 and it worked! Full 5760 x 1080 resolution, HUD centered, and game not crashing.

Helifax, thanks for your response and for all you do for the community. You're a freaking ninja.

Hi there, thank's for posting this-I tried replicating word for word what you did there, however I did not get the "squished" screen like you did; I'm wondering if this is because I need to edit the DSfix files internal rendering resolution to 5760x1080? I also followed the instructions posted by Helix for 3D vision: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/08/da ... on-3d.html as well as those listed by "eqzitara" (found in the first comment when you scroll down a little). Just like a lot of you, I've been trying to trouble shoot as much as I can think of, and similarly enough have been to all the same sites-including the patch for v1.0.3 you mentioned. If it's okay, here is a copy of my DSfix file-if anyone could match it up to their working ones and see if I'm missing anything: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ku05zoxud5h2yhe/DSfix.ini As for my folder composition-I have not added any texture overrides or any particular modes from the community or nexusmods' website to keep things as simple as possible for now. As for my file composition and Flawless Widescreen + Widescreen Fixer; here's a screen cap if anyone can point out something wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bki5y8i23tmz9 ... Folder.png As for right now, I'm going to edit the internal rendering resolution to 5760x1080 in DSfix and see if that solves my problem. Any feedback regarding edits I need to make to the files to get it working properly would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 07:10 

I'm in the same boat as anguished, in fact the very same emotion I'm feeling is Anguish. I've tried the the suggestions posted above but to no avail.

When I start the game with wide screen fixer the game shuts down two of my monitors and the screen goes black, I can see my mouse and I can see GFLW log in, I can also hear the sounds of the game when I press buttons like mad, but I can't see anything.

Worse yet now my windows 360 controller's buttons are all remapped for some reason, A is now X and all the other buttons are messed up. I really want to beat this game but switching from extended desktop and eyefinity view every time I want to play this game is a huge hassle.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2014, 22:21 

Just checking back again. I haven't gotten the fix to work yet, and was wondering if anyone who has gotten the surround vision to work could take a look at the files I linked in the initial post to see if the values match theirs. I'll be retrying the fixes another time; in the mean time if anyone could provide some feedback it'd be sincerely appreciate, thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2014, 02:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Anguished wrote:
Just checking back again. I haven't gotten the fix to work yet, and was wondering if anyone who has gotten the surround vision to work could take a look at the files I linked in the initial post to see if the values match theirs. I'll be retrying the fixes another time; in the mean time if anyone could provide some feedback it'd be sincerely appreciate, thanks.

I am not sure I understand the problem...

I am also using 3D Vision Surround and just re-checked now.

1. You neeed to have DSFix installed and the correct resolution set in dsfix.ini
2. in the plugin set the the exact same resolution
3. For HelixMod install it normally
4. Run the game:)

Also run the game in fullscreen ofc. You need to disable AA in the game menus (since DSFIX applies a better AA anyway)
Have a clean install of DSFIX without any other HUD/Texture options turned on as they compete with my fix.

Hope it helps:)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 17:29 

I'm trying to use the FOV calculator to place the HUD of Dark Souls on the center screen when running at 5760x1080. However I cannot find to save My Dark Soul a ".res" file to upload to the WSGF program. Thanks to Helifax and Durante the game runs great except for this small inconvenience. Am I going about this the wrong way, every wide screen except mine seems to have the HUD centered ? My rig is 2 GTX690s with a TH2go. Any help you can offer is most welcome. Praise the sun ! :)

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 20:37 
Insiders
Insiders

jw48 wrote:
I'm trying to use the FOV calculator to place the HUD of Dark Souls on the center screen when running at 5760x1080. However I cannot find to save My Dark Soul a ".res" file to upload to the WSGF program. Thanks to Helifax and Durante the game runs great except for this small inconvenience. Am I going about this the wrong way, every wide screen except mine seems to have the HUD centered ? My rig is 2 GTX690s with a TH2go. Any help you can offer is most welcome. Praise the sun ! :)

You don't need to upload anything for the HUD to be automatically centered. However in DSFIX you need to disable any HUD related modifications. Then WSF will automatically center the HUD.

Is best if you just install a plain DSFIX and change only the res. Once you got it working enable what settings you want and see if they are compatible or not;)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2014, 20:58 

Hi Helifax, thanks for the advice yet there is still no joy in the Shire. I dropped in as you suggested a fresh and clean DSFix with only the 5760x1080 res change. The results are I can toggle between a small HUD at the left and right screens' corners or A SUPER HUGE HUD across the 3 screens identical to running DSPTD without your's or Durante's fixes. Any advice ?
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2015, 05:58 

v1.0.5 - SteamWorks Feb. 2015 crash with the new steam version...
Please help and thanks!

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2015, 18:37 

Always nothing ?
I've the same problem...

Steam version too....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next