Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2015, 23:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Updated the plugin to work with both current Steam Version and BETA 2.0 version.

DSFIX 2.3.1 is required for Windows 10 (2.4 crashes the game). You can download it from my website as always;)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 02:09 

Thanks dude! =)

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 17:19 

I signed up just so I could post here. Using your plugin and running the latest dsfix and latest wsgf results in...a shifted screen @ 4364 x 1144. Meaning Dark Souls logo appears on the 3rd monitor, barely anything on the 40" middle, and black on the 23" first.

The awesome thing is fraps can actually take a screenshot.

edit: I finally got this to work correctly using DSFix 2.4. What's not mentioned in the wiki is you have to edit dsfix.ini and change the presentwidth and presentheight to the correct value, not 0. So in my case presentwidth 4338 and presentheight 1080 solved the problem. Also make sure antialiasing is off in this game. This had some wierd effects which included not going fullscreen, crashing when viewing the resolution menu, and only utilizing two left screens in the game while stretching the hud across 3. DS will crash if you attempt to capture with OBS in eyefinity mode.

Attachments:
DARKSOULS 2016-02-10 08-14-50-00.jpg
DARKSOULS 2016-02-10 08-14-50-00.jpg [ 140.45 KiB | Viewed 2770 times ]

PostPosted: 02 May 2016, 02:29 

So, it's May 2016... I'm running Widescreen Fixer v3.4 with the latest Dark Souls plugin, the latest DSFix, and running the Steam beta version of Dark Souls (2.0, currently). My biggest issue is that the HUD is not centering correctly. Instead of scaling to 1920, it's scaling to 3840, and makes the hud very difficult to use. It's set to a display count of 3 and both uncorrected and bezel-corrected resolutions of 5760x1080, and I can't figure out what's wrong. All of the HUD options in DSFix are disabled.

PostPosted: 05 May 2016, 16:24 
Insiders
Insiders

HatchetHatter wrote:
So, it's May 2016... I'm running Widescreen Fixer v3.4 with the latest Dark Souls plugin, the latest DSFix, and running the Steam beta version of Dark Souls (2.0, currently). My biggest issue is that the HUD is not centering correctly. Instead of scaling to 1920, it's scaling to 3840, and makes the hud very difficult to use. It's set to a display count of 3 and both uncorrected and bezel-corrected resolutions of 5760x1080, and I can't figure out what's wrong. All of the HUD options in DSFix are disabled.

Check the POST above. USE DSFIX v.2.4. Also, you don't need the beta any more. It should work on the main branch of the game just fine.

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 05:59 

helifax wrote:
HatchetHatter wrote:

Check the POST above. USE DSFIX v.2.4. Also, you don't need the beta any more. It should work on the main branch of the game just fine.

Still not working with DSFix 2.4 and the main branch of the game. Earlier you said use 2.3.1 because 2.4 crashes on windows 10, so I tried that to no avail. I did the other 'fix' and set presentwidth and presentheight to 5760 and 1080, and the hud scaled correctly, but the game was locked at 30fps. I restarted the game (without changing settings) and the hud stretching issue started again. I'm at my wits end and I'm about to just give up and go back to gaming on one panel.

Attachments:
20160506005736_1.jpg
20160506005736_1.jpg [ 917.45 KiB | Viewed 2602 times ]

PostPosted: 06 May 2016, 16:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry to see you having so much trouble...
Is still working perfectly fine for me:
- DSfix.ini set 5760x1080
- Plugin from here: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html
- WSF tool from the SAME page and NOT the latest one (which last I checked is BROKEN): http://3dsurroundgaming.com/img/Plugins ... xer662.rar
- Game in fullscreen
- No bezel corrected resolution
- Configure the Plugin before starting the game.

Like I said, works perfectly fine here on DSFIX 2.2 (I never bothered to update past 2.2, but tested with 2.31 and 2.4)

PostPosted: 10 May 2016, 07:51 

helifax wrote:
- WSF tool from the SAME page and NOT the latest one (which last I checked is BROKEN): http://3dsurroundgaming.com/img/Plugins ... xer662.rar
- Game in fullscreen

Like I said, works perfectly fine here on DSFIX 2.2 (I never bothered to update past 2.2, but tested with 2.31 and 2.4)

When you say "No bezel corrected resolution", do you mean have it set to the same as my native (5760x1080) or 0x0?

I've tried everything else, including rolling back my DSFix and WSF versions, and still no results.

TBH, I'm probably doing something stupidly obvious wrong and I just didn't think to look.

PostPosted: 12 May 2016, 15:23 
Insiders
Insiders

HatchetHatter wrote:
helifax wrote:
- Game in fullscreen

When you say "No bezel corrected resolution", do you mean have it set to the same as my native (5760x1080) or 0x0?

I've tried everything else, including rolling back my DSFix and WSF versions, and still no results.

TBH, I'm probably doing something stupidly obvious wrong and I just didn't think to look.

Try this:
- Start WSF
- Start Game
- Get to Main Menu but don't start a game.
- ALT+TAB to windows and disable the fix (num *).
- Enable the fix again (num *). Wait around 10 seconds until "Fix Enabled: Yes" appears in the right spot.
- ALT+TAB to game.
- Menus should now be correctly centred;)

See if this fixes it;) Sometimes I need to do this as it doesn't work the first time I start the game.

PostPosted: 14 May 2016, 07:55 

helifax wrote:
HatchetHatter wrote:
helifax wrote:
- Game in fullscreen

Try this:
- Start WSF
- Start Game
- Get to Main Menu but don't start a game.
- ALT+TAB to windows and disable the fix (num *).
- Enable the fix again (num *). Wait around 10 seconds until "Fix Enabled: Yes" appears in the right spot.
- ALT+TAB to game.
- Menus should now be correctly centred;)

See if this fixes it;) Sometimes I need to do this as it doesn't work the first time I start the game.

That worked! Thank you so much for your patience. C:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next