Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 10:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Borderlands 2
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 07:00 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 is a science fiction–based first-person shooter with RPG elements and the sequel to 2009's Borderlands. At the start of the game, players select one of four new characters, each with a unique special skill and with proficiencies with certain weapons. From then on, players take on quests assigned through non-player characters or from bounty boards, each typically rewarding the player with experience points, money, and sometimes a reward item.

Returning gameplay features from the first game will include the unique, cartoon-esque cel-shading graphic style, 3-branch skill trees, class-mods, and four-player online cooperative modes. New features include a more expansive and customizable weapons system, reworked four-seat drift-able vehicles and vehicle physics elements, and dynamic quest systems.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 29 Jul 2013, 06:46, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Borderlands 2
PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011, 13:06 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: B
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: A

Read Full Detailed Report - Borderlands 2

Borderlands 2 is a science fiction–based first-person shooter with RPG elements and the sequel to 2009's Borderlands. At the start of the game, players select one of four new characters, each with a unique special skill and with proficiencies with certain weapons. From then on, players take on quests assigned through non-player characters or from bounty boards, each typically rewarding the player with experience points, money, and sometimes a reward item.

Returning gameplay features from the first game will include the unique, cartoon-esque cel-shading graphic style, 3-branch skill trees, class-mods, and four-player online cooperative modes. New features include a more expansive and customizable weapons system, reworked four-seat drift-able vehicles and vehicle physics elements, and dynamic quest systems.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 06 Aug 2019, 13:50, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 18:09 

Was looking around my usual run of PC shop websites and found a "Is your PC ready for Borderlands 2?" link. Amused, I went and checked it out, and noticed on the side bar the following...
This app supports:
SLI
3D Vision
3D Surround
PhysX

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/borderlands-2/gpu-analyzer

Support for 3D Surround... looks VERY promising.
Cheers

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012, 21:17 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm hopeful for Borderlands 2 multimonitor support too. Per Nvidia's blog:

Released today, the new NVIDIA GeForce R304 drivers (version 306.32) are WHQL-certified and fully qualified with Borderlands 2 , supporting PhysX, SLI, Surround, and 3D Vision and with World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria supporting DirectX 11, SLI, Surround, and 3D Vision.

Given the poor support for Borderlands 1, though, I won't believe it until I see it. Other than that quote from Nvidia, I can't find anything claiming or demonstrating that Borderlands 2 will have multimonitor support. I guess we'll find out tomorrow, at least in the US.

*Edit: Borderlands 2 is also listed on Nvidia's official 3D Vision Surround supported games list. It's not really related, but I'd also point out that @catalystcreator has tweeted that a new CAP has been released for Borderlands 2 Crossfire support.

Post subject: I'm glad to report that
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 05:35 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm glad to report that Borderlands 2 multimonitor support is looking great in Eyefinity 5760x1080. So far, everything seems Hor+ and there's plenty of graphics options to adjust. Menus and HUD both scale properly and are centered. Cutscenes so far are limited to the center monitor. I haven't made it to a vehicle to test yet. Here are some screenshots:

Attached files

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 05:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Here are screenshots of the in game video options:

Attached files

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 05:55 
I Donated
I Donated

Bifurk, have you tried using in-game text chat? For me, it seems to be off the screen. Not only that, but some (not all) movies seem to be cropped in.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 06:10 
Insiders
Insiders

I haven't had the opportunity to try text chat yet. I did find one menu that's super zoomed in just like the Borderlands 1 menus: Network Options. Here's what it looks like:

Attached files

Post subject: One thing that was uber
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 06:20 
Editors
Editors

One thing that was uber important was weapon zoom on the first game, in higher fov it was really messed up. I assume that is fixed?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 06:31 
I Donated
I Donated

One thing that was uber important was weapon zoom on the first game, in higher fov it was really messed up. I assume that is fixed?

Yes actually. There's a nice FoV slider, and sprinting no longer messes with the FoV.

Just some menus, like the network options above, and in-game text needs fixing. Other than that, they nailed just about everything I can think of!