Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RAGE
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2011, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - RAGE

RAGE is a first-person shooter game by id Software. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world somewhat similar to the movie Mad Max 2 and that of other popular video games such as Fallout. You play as a survivor of the 2029 Apophis meteorite impact who has just awoken from an Ark (a world-wide movement which took scientists and other significant people, and froze them underground in cryo-pods so they could rebuild Earth).

Soon, the player comes to realize that his Ark has malfunctioned and that he is the only survivor. Players have the ability to augment their cars with various items and upgrades they can gain by completing races, but the game is not specifically a racing title, trailers have shown a mix of mainly first person shooter elements as well as driving elements (racing is optional in Rage). The game also features some role-playing game (RPG) elements—an inventory system and the capabilities of weapons are based around types of ammo.

Last edited by thales100 on 23 May 2013, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

Post subject: RAGE
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 10:21 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - RAGE

RAGE is a first-person shooter game by id Software. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world somewhat similar to the movie Mad Max 2 and that of other popular video games such as Fallout. You play as a survivor of the 2029 Apophis meteorite impact who has just awoken from an Ark (a world-wide movement which took scientists and other significant people, and froze them underground in cryo-pods so they could rebuild Earth).

Soon, the player comes to realize that his Ark has malfunctioned and that he is the only survivor. Players have the ability to augment their cars with various items and upgrades they can gain by completing races, but the game is not specifically a racing title, trailers have shown a mix of mainly first person shooter elements as well as driving elements (racing is optional in Rage). The game also features some role-playing game (RPG) elements—an inventory system and the capabilities of weapons are based around types of ammo.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by thales100 on 07 May 2016, 07:36, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2011, 11:42 
Editors
Editors

Yes, thanks for posting Duke.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 09:39 

How can I do this if Im not running through steam?

Multi-Monitor Specific Solution

To increase the FOV from 80 to 105 degrees...

add "+cvaradd g_fov 25 +cvaradd hands_fovscale 1" to your Steam launch options without the quotation marks - HUD remains spanned.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 13:42 
Editors
Editors

How can I do this if Im not running through steam?

Download and unzip this file to C:Program Files (x86)...ragebase, or add these lines if you already have a rageConfig.CFG (to increase FOV by 20º):

cvaradd g_fov 20
cvaradd hands_fovscale 1

You can edit the rageConfig.CFG (Notepad) and change the FOV increase, i personally use 15.

Post subject: Some eyefinity gameplay
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2011, 17:20 

Some eyefinity gameplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdwk38kxrY

I'm not sure, is there any kind of NDA or something? I can't locate any Rage movies on Youtube. I'm typing Rage Eyefinity and can't locate even my own video, does anybody know what's the issue?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 12:09 
Editors
Editors

Ive uploaded a fat gallery (163 pics) of surround screenshots, you can check it here - http://widescreengamingforum.com/node/17576 .

@Rebelstar : Yep thats weird, it looks really great at super wide resolutioons.

Post subject: That is one beautifully
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2012, 10:22 
Editors
Editors

That is one beautifully written solution, cheers thales ! But since it doesn't work anymore, it would be misleading to leave the DR as it is. I know HaYDeN may update this fix and others at some point, but the guy's got so much on his plate already that it's hard to know when/if this will happen.

If I'm making sense then I'd like to update the DR with current status i.e native support w/ stretched weapons in mm.
thales100, if you could provide a screenie using your very specific "comparison save spot", that'd be great too. (And why not throw in a 16:10 one while you're at it ?) :bigsmile:

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:10 
Insiders
Insiders

ambivert wrote:
I'm running Flawless Widescreen with Steam version of Rage and the GUI is centered, but I can't seem to get the Hands FOV fix to work. I'm running SLI GTX 480s in 6000 X 1200 resolution.

Yeah I spoke to Hayden and he only updated the fix for the new DLC - so the HUD etc are fixed but he didn't touch the hands. I think they've changed something about the game and it might harder to do? Not sure, but I think also the main reason is, not many people will be playing it unfortunately.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2012, 11:07 
Editors
Editors

Toothless Spoon wrote:
ambivert wrote:
I'm running Flawless Widescreen with Steam version of Rage and the GUI is centered, but I can't seem to get the Hands FOV fix to work. I'm running SLI GTX 480s in 6000 X 1200 resolution.

Yeah I spoke to Hayden and he only updated the fix for the new DLC - so the HUD etc are fixed but he didn't touch the hands. I think they've changed something about the game and it might harder to do? Not sure, but I think also the main reason is, not many people will be playing it unfortunately.

From what I understand, a game update broke it a while back, and it's not worth his time to fix, given the lack of players. Too bad, I wanted to play it.