Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 07:00 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

Last edited by Jackal Frost on 11 May 2013, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 20:18 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by Jackal Frost on 23 Mar 2017, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 22 May 2012, 20:45 
Insiders
Insiders

have you tried if there is a way to adjust the hud via ini edit? just like in left 4 dead?

PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 04:42 
Editors
Editors

I saw your comments on the HUD, and see the issues with the scaling, but I don't think it would prevent you from playing the game. Correct?

Incorrect, a lot of stuff is cut off. It's better with the hud_scaling set to 0.5, however.

And yes, I adjusted the .res files, but the game won't acknowledge them.

PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 07:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Locking the value (hud_scaling as found by Lolotov) located at materialsystem.dll+31F614 to 0.75 / horizontal monitors will scale it correctly, but its still spanned - spent about 1/2 hour on it, _seems_ like its using ScaleForm (same as UE3 typically, Mass Effect, Tribes, TESV etc) -- needs a memhack to get it below 0.5 (about 0.25 required for 5760)

This is a VAC game so any code caves are strictly a no-go really, modifying values is also going to be semi-dangerous, I only played around in steam-offline mode,

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Plugin now available in
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 08:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Plugin now available in Flawless Widescreen -> Link Here

Read and understand the notes before you use it, I've tried it online for a short duration.

I'd imagine Valve will fix this - it's very simple for them to fix (at the very least they just need to allow <0.5 for HUD Scaling)

Props to TheLolotov for sparing a invite and finding HUD_Scaling.

Post subject: sorted
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 09:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Derived by:

SafeZoneX 0.33333 in the console. (1 = 100%, 0.333 = 33.3%)

and Memhack Scale value to 0.25 (0.75 / 3)

------------

I'll make a plugin - but it will be a zomg entirely your fault if you get banned situation, the scale value is the only thing being hacked, no codecave - so its safer, but not entirely safe.

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:Plugin now
PostPosted: 23 May 2012, 21:39 
Editors
Editors

Plugin now available in Flawless Widescreen -> Link Here

Read and understand the notes before you use it, I've tried it online for a short duration.

I'd imagine Valve will fix this - it's very simple for them to fix (at the very least they just need to allow <0.5 for HUD Scaling)

Props to TheLolotov for sparing a invite and finding HUD_Scaling.

NOTE: VAC bans are usually given anywhere from a day to two weeks or more after a cheat is detected. I, personally, am not going to use the hack until I get a hold of someone at Valve.

EDIT: Nevermind, be careful guys, even if you uncheck "Fix enabled" in Flawless Widescreen, it will attempt to patch the game anyway. So, we'll see if I get VACed.

PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 21:51 

I noticed that in the report it claimed that SoftTh was tested and works.

I tried last night, however when I try and set the aspect ratio to 16:9 to select my custom resolution, the game crashes.

Anyone that got it to work, can you reply with what you did to make it work?

20x30x20 (1490x1600) PLP

My typical SoftTH process for steam games:

1) Copy the config and dll to the directory containing the .exe.
2) make my left most monitor my primary
3) launch the game, it only launches in the left monitor
4) goto video settings and select 16:9, see my custom res from the config, select it, apply, and softTH kicks in appropriately

Any help is appreciated.

Post subject: thelolotov wrote:EDIT:
PostPosted: 25 May 2012, 22:00 
Insiders
Insiders

EDIT: Nevermind, be careful guys, even if you uncheck "Fix enabled" in Flawless Widescreen, it will attempt to patch the game anyway. So, we'll see if I get VACed.

That is not the correct behavior, I will investigate, my apologies.

Fixed: Enable/Disable function was missing from the LUA script.