Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thief: Deadly Shadows
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2011, 23:01 

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Thief: Deadly Shadows

Thief: Deadly Shadows sees Garrett return to his thieving ways, in this third installment of Thief the plot involves the mysterious Keeper order. Although the game wasn't developed by the makers of the original Thief, Ion Storm did an admirable job.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by b1k3rdude on 04 Feb 2016, 11:28, edited 9 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: How to update?
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012, 16:04 

Hi there,

I've made a new patch for this game, which improves the widescreen situation quite a bit - and so I'd like to update the Detailed Report.

I did RTFM, and it says "To edit a game, find it in the Master Games List and click Edit". Sorry for the stupid question, but where's the Edit button...?

PS: I tried to link to the release thread on TTLG, but the spam filter wouldn't let me. Could someone please tell the spam filter that ttlg.com should be allowed? Or is it a restriction on newcomers?

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 13:48 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome sneaky

The reason you where un able to edit the DR is that we lock certain content down to prevent spammers and mis use.
To edit a DR you need to have 3 posts on the forums to automaticly get upgraded, however I have done this manually for you.

Please try again, and also take the time to review this page for further informaiton about roles and resonabilities :)
http://widescreengamingforum.com/article/roles-responsibilities

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 18:54 

Thanks for the welcome, and the promotion. I've updated the DR.

Is HTML input supposed to be functional, I couldn't get it to work at all. Also, BBCode lists didn't work? :(

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 20:26 
Editors
Editors

Wow, this looks brilliant. Been waiting years for a real Hor+ fix, can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing sneaky :cheers

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 09:53 
Editors
Editors

This is working great. First Doom 3 and now this ! Playing these games again in flawless triplewide is incredible. :party:
One tiny engine limitation for owners of 120 Hz monitors: framerates over 60 fps break the gameplay, as Garrett gets stuck in front of lockpickable doors and ladders. I had to set my desktop to 60 Hz and activate in-game vsync to fix that. No biggie but if I could just set a max framerate for the game and keep my max refresh rate, that would be ace...

I'll have more comparison screenies for the DR soon.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 10:45 

Thanks for the feedback, more screenshots would be great. I don't know if I can fix the 120 Hz issue, but at least I can add it to the readme, with instructions, for the next version.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 16:02 
Editors
Editors

I've updated the DR with new screenies and info, including "anomalies".
To my great embarrassment I think I've wiped your "3D Solution" line in the process... Sorry about that, hope you can restore it :X

I also added a link to my "loading screen mod" & attached it.
Would it be possible for me to zip the Sneaky Update exe and attach it to the DR as well ? This would make it easier for users to grab it.

Post subject: Thanks for providing the
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 22:12 

Thanks for providing the fantastic looking screenshots and the loading screens! :twothumb

You can of course add the installer to the DR. (Distribute it any way you like, as long as the contents of the installer is not changed.)

Some of the issues you mention are also in the readme, so I'll probably add in any known issues from the readme that are not yet in the DR.

There's a (partial) workaround for the subtitles issue, I'll add that as well.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012, 04:22 

i just tried this with the steam version and it wouldn't work. first, it says "the patch cannot be applied to this version of T3Main.exe. if you continue installation the correct version will be downloaded" even though i just downloaded the game through steam and verified it is 1.1 (shown in the game menu). so i continue anyway and it starts to download something but then fails with the message "sorry, the files could not be downloaded...".