Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 May 2011, 00:38 
Editors
Editors

Centered all the way.

Many thanks for your hard work. I think there will be a number of happy campers should solid multi-monitor support be implemented for this game.

Post subject: Re: Tron 2.0
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2014, 09:02 

So, long time no post. :)

Just wanted to drop in and say: Yes, I'm aware of TRON 2.0 being re-released on Steam. (And who knows, it might still show up at GOG as well.)

I've been working on Killer App Mod v1.2 all this time, since I last posted here. It comes with a laundry list of huge improvements, including better widescreen support.

But, it's not ready. Meanwhile, Killer App v1.1 doesn't work all that well with the Steam release. So I'm going to release an interim v1.1a version very soon. The vast majority of the improvements will have to still wait for v1.2, but at least v1.1a will play nice with the Steam release. And, it will have one other improvement.

You'll be able to select non-4:3 resolutions from the game launcher. Selecting non-4:3 resolutions from within the game itself will have to wait for v1.2, though.

I have a lot of previews for v1.2 on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/redrain85

Here's an example video, where I show how I've actually fixed cutscenes to work better in widescreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTD1pGwRPkk

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod - Adds 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen support, game fixes, and much more

BenQ EW2420 | XFX Radeon 6870 1 GB GDDR5 | EVGA GT240 512 MB GDDR5 (Hybrid PhysX) | Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 |

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | PCP&C Silencer 750W Quad | Coolermaster Elite 330 case | Windows 10 Technical Preview

Last edited by redrain85 on 31 Oct 2014, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2014, 15:45 
Editors
Editors

Hey redrain ! Great to see the LDSO crew is still alive, kicking and data corruption-free. The reworked UI and cut-scene fixes are truly impressive. I'll be happy to give KAM 1.2 a spin, and test 21:9 resolutions this time around ;)

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 07:32 

scavvenjahh wrote:
Hey redrain ! Great to see the LDSO crew is still alive, kicking and data corruption-free. The reworked UI and cut-scene fixes are truly impressive. I'll be happy to give KAM 1.2 a spin, and test 21:9 resolutions this time around ;)

Thanks, and I'll do my best to accommodate Eyefinty/Surround and Ultrawide display setups in v1.2. :thumbup:

Version 1.1a of the Killer App Mod has just been released. The download link for it, is in the description of the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQOmy6JCOM

As a heads-up: there's no point in doing another Detailed Report for this version. There are no significant differences in the way widescreen is implemented. All the improvements will be in v1.2. This release was mainly done because v1.1 did not work well with the newly released Steam version of TRON 2.0. Version 1.1a now works fine with the Steam release (and the original CD/DVD release as well, of course).

The only improvement (which is minor) as far as widescreen goes, is the fact that you can select non-4:3 resolutions from the game's launcher. As seen in my previous message post here in this topic.

TRON 2.0: Killer App Mod - Adds 16:9 and 16:10 widescreen support, game fixes, and much more

BenQ EW2420 | XFX Radeon 6870 1 GB GDDR5 | EVGA GT240 512 MB GDDR5 (Hybrid PhysX) | Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.3 GHz | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2-1066 |

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 | PCP&C Silencer 750W Quad | Coolermaster Elite 330 case | Windows 10 Technical Preview