Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Global Agenda
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 00:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Widescreen Grade: C
Multi-monitor Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - Global Agenda

Global Agenda is an online team-based game by Hi-Rez Studios developed using Unreal Engine 3. The game was re-released as a free-to-play game, introducing Elite and Free Agents in addition to an in-game cash shop featuring Agenda Points. It mixes a science-fiction setting with a secret agent backdrop, leading the developers to refer to the game genre as spy-fi.

Last edited by fuzioninfinity on 11 May 2013, 20:55, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Re: Global Agenda
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 01:07 
Insiders
Insiders

UGH, after everyone yelled, they still didn't fix this issue.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2010, 22:26 

Thanks for the report. I'm going away till the end of the month and hope they add support (or announce that they will) by the time I get back. If so, I will probably sub, but as it stands now, don't think I will.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 09:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, I hope they put in support too. I'm fighting tooth n' nail, but I never thought I'd see so many narrow minded people. Hell, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd needed to convince people that Hor+ is better than Vert-. :-|

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 13:00 

Don't get your hopes up.

It looks like the developers are intentionally boycotting surround gaming (and widescreen resolutions) because it apparently gives an unfair advantage to players with better hardware.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/11/dont_buy_global_agenda_editorial

I'd understand their reasoning if their game was in any way remotely significant, but instead they are just making their own product unattractive for us.

So: screw them.

FUS RO DAH!

Shaolin style

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 07:57 
Insiders
Insiders

One of their developers just posted this in a response thread to that article :

Many people (including the author of that article) are confused by what support means.

1. We don't specifically NOT support it, and you can set a resolution that will span 3 monitors if you want (would only be smart if you set them up vertically next to each other and keep a decent horz/vert ratio)

2. We DON'T support changing FOV since it gives an unfair advantage. This is not something difficult to code (it's built into the unreal engine), we just don't believe that players able to see 3x as much fits with the gameplay.

Some people will argue that other FPS games allow you to change FOV, but that's usually on dedicate servers where they can do anything they want and it does not really 'count'.

Some people will argue that WoW and other MMOs allow you to change FOV, but since you can zoom out in WoW it makes no difference. (you can't zoom out in GA by design)

I so very much regret buying this game.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 23:00 

Well thats one big way to stifle innovation and at the same time alientate customers so they never buy another game from that developer!
I watched this game with anticipation but thanks to these Luddites its just one big dissappointment that I will never get to play and because im not interested in it any more neither are my friends with or without 3 screens.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 23:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Calculated grade: C
Potential grade: C+

Minor outstanding DR omissions:
Is 1280x768 supported?
Need surround comparison shots

Vert - is a consequential flaw

CCE: 98%

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2010, 00:12 

One of their developers just posted this in a response thread to that article :

Quote:
Many people (including the author of that article) are confused by what support means.

1. We don't specifically NOT support it, and you can set a resolution that will span 3 monitors if you want (would only be smart if you set them up vertically next to each other and keep a decent horz/vert ratio)

2. We DON'T support changing FOV since it gives an unfair advantage. This is not something difficult to code (it's built into the unreal engine), we just don't believe that players able to see 3x as much fits with the gameplay.

Some people will argue that other FPS games allow you to change FOV, but that's usually on dedicate servers where they can do anything they want and it does not really 'count'.

Some people will argue that WoW and other MMOs allow you to change FOV, but since you can zoom out in WoW it makes no difference. (you can't zoom out in GA by design)

I so very much regret buying this game.

I was going to pick apart this statement piece by piece but then I realized it would not bring about anything worthwhile.

Just sad. Not the conclusions, that is nothing new, just that they don't even understand what they are discussing.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 20:54 

In other words. Letting players to play on WS would give them an unfair adventage, and in the same time, they don't mind WS players to be drastically handicapped by limiting vertical FOV.

Most likely most of players will await Jumpgate Evolutionm or APB (All Points Bulletin), which will probably support WS.