Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Clutch
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 16:58 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: B
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Clutch

Clutch is a freeform racing and zombie-mowing game. Plays a lot like a gory budget mix of FlaOut, Crashday and Burnout Paradise... with zombies. This is also one of the very few games to natively support RuCap ultrasonic tracking devices.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by scavvenjahh on 24 Sep 2016, 02:15, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 04:57 
Insiders
Insiders

Something in the camera pitch & distance changes very slightly with the aspect ratio: the wider the screen, the further your point of view. This may be fixable thanks to a combination of cvars and game scripts, but it's too benign for me to even try.

I see this in 16:9, but not in your TH shot. Am I missing something, or does this only affect 16:9? The TH shot seems to have the same perspective as 4:3. I wonder if it has anything to do with TH being a manual fix instead of an ingame menu option.

The effect in 16:10/16:9 does seem very subtle, though. Like a very small amount of dolly zoom. Do you think we should regard this as a blemish, or just overlook it?

Also, how do you think we should grade surround support? Basically, if the issues affected WS, would we treat them as blemishes, or as consequential flaws?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 11:37 
Editors
Editors

The "dolly anomaly" should be overlooked imho. It's hard to spot (and understand) and really doesn't affect the gameplay. Wouldn't you say it's even more subtle than the respective positions of the player's guns in Call of Juarez: BiB ? :P

Surround support:
I would count story text issues as a blemish, along with the .ini solution and maybe the stretched HUD. There's nothing damaging in the rest.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 18:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Wouldn't you say it's even more subtle than the respective positions of the player's guns in Call of Juarez: BiB ?

Aesthetically, yes, though guns being farther apart can't interfere with gameplay, and sufficiently warped perspective can. But if you think in this game it's too subtle to even notice, I believe you.

I think we have to take off a point for the story text issues in surround. Essentially, the surround support interferes with the narrative, and from a game-agnostic perspective, that's not something we can overlook.

Grade: B-

.ini solution, surround issues, stretched HUD, and vert - countdowns are blemishes.

CCE: 100%