Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Necrovision
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2009, 18:06 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: C
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: C
4k Grade: Incomplete

Read Full Detailed Report - Necrovision

NecroVisioN is a gory fantasy FPS remotely based on Painkiller's engine and set during WW1. It features a sophisticated combat system that lets you use your character's left hand like never before to shoot, throw, stab... and ultimately host the powerful Shadowhand. Combo kills fuel your body with adrenaline that can be used as a "bullet time" reserve or as a mystical source for the Shadowhand's spells.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by scavvenjahh on 13 Nov 2013, 11:24, edited 2 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: NecroVisioN
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009, 03:25 
Insiders
Insiders

I hated this game (based on the demo). Just had to say that.

==Singleplayer anomalies==

About how much of the game is spent zoomed in? I'm assuming it's fairly insignificant? On the other hand, hor + gameplay isn't necessarily important when you're zoomed in, so maybe this isn't a flaw at all.

==Multiplayer support==

This really should be tested out. Client-side fixes can still be rejected by the server.

Calculated grade: D
Potential grade: D+

Minor outstanding DR omissions:
See above

Hacked script solution is a damaging flaw

CCE: 98.5%

Post subject: NecroVisioN
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009, 12:23 
Editors
Editors

Thanks a lot for grading my underrated baby :) Not that I'm not grateful for your time on each and every DR by the way. I'm just so glad this one entered the MGL ! NVN FTW !

Zooming requires a single-handed weapon and an empty left hand. Not very likely to happen a lot in this game, or be very useful. Then again, you're free to use it a lot if that suits your style... (Vert- sniping feels a bit harsh, too but it's more realistic that way, right ?) All in all I'd say it's no big deal but I had to report it. Wish I could've fixed that too, though.

As for GameSpy-powered online MP, I'm afraid I hardly know how to make it work even for 'normal' games. PvP without hordes of zombie bots doesn't sound like Necro fun to me anyway. I'll check that later... maybe. (If anyone can test this, please let me know !)

Thanks to anyone who'll give these fixes a try, and please post any feedback in the Request/Discuss Solutions forum, i.e not here ! ;)