Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 17:18 
Editors
Editors

Can anyone help me, please? : (

I tried it here at 1280x800 and got the same result, the hack works great at multi-monitor resolutions, you can get wider AR than 16:9 but not 16:10.

Post subject: So I bought this game on
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2012, 10:03 

So I bought this game on Steam when it was on sale and I have no idea how any of you guys are getting it to work. I have 3 1080 screens in eyefinity and the game lets me choose an eyefinity resolution like 4800x900 but when I select that resolution the menu goes absolutely nuts and the game only displays on the middle screen, the left and right monitors are just black.

My roomates game does the exact same thing.

I have searched for a solution but everyone else seems to be able to run this game on eyefinity with no problems.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 14:01 
Editors
Editors

I have no idea how any of you guys are getting it to work.

Hey Crab_Cake, have you checked game's Detailed Report, under "Eyefinity/Surround Specific Solution" ? You should run a fix to run this game at multi-monitor resolutions.

Post subject: To make it work again
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012, 23:59 

Hello everybody,

ones I made it work, to run mirrors edge with flawless widescreen on the three monitors on my eyefinity. But after a couple of month not playing anymore I forgot how to use it...
After one hour searching the web I still didnt found it. Could you please help me on that?
I tried so far to make it run through following: run flawless widescreen and choose Mirror's Edge/ run FOV Hack - Mirror's Edge v1.1 / lounch the game / push the hotkey Ctrl + Alt + F12 ...And nothing happens... - Only the middle screen shows the game.

What do I do wrong?

Thank you very much in advance!

Post subject: Re: Mirror's Edge
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 05:25 

WAY too late, but I just want to share my success in getting ME to work with my 6870 CF at 5760x1080.

I haven't tried re-enabling the things I disabled, but this works:

1) create a ME profile in CCC with CF disabled.
2) download Racer_S' hack from here: http://www.tocaedit.com/ (right hand side)
3) run the hack tool and keep it running.
4) fire up the game...in settings choose whatever res you want, turn off AA
5) start a game and hit the * key and then + and - ( / = disable)

here are the settings that seem good to me:

and here's what it looks like:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1124641/me.jpg

I'm getting about 45fps on high details....will try re-enabling CF and AA.
Mike

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 06:33 
Insiders
Insiders

I always found that Mirror's Edge looked best when you raise the FOV just a bit above what is standard. Glad you got it working, this game is breathtaking on triplewide.

PostPosted: 26 May 2014, 05:17 

pr0ton wrote:
Trying the FOV hack on my rig too, but running into a problem. I play the game on a 16:9 monitor with a 1680x1050 resolution.

When I enable the hack ingame, the only thing I can see is a whitescreen with in the left corner VERY small the actual game. Falling of a building gives me for a short time the correct screen.

Bought the game by Steam, so newest version, and in the FOV-hack I tried some settings, also the setting with everything on zero (aspect ratio and FOV). The key '*' enables the FOV hack, but I can't disable the hack with '/', as in explained in readme of FOV hack, to get my normal screen back.

Screenshot:

Resurrecting old thread because of this. Both FWS and the google drive hack give me the same result.

PostPosted: 30 May 2014, 11:24 
Editors
Editors

When asking for tech help it's always a good idea to post some details about your config (GPU and native res, OS, Origin/Steam game)...

Try disabling AA and lowering Graphics Quality. ME's anti-aliasing and custom lighting engine are massive resource hogs at extreme resolutions.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2014, 06:27 

scavvenjahh wrote:
When asking for tech help it's always a good idea to post some details about your config (GPU and native res, OS, Origin/Steam game)...

Try disabling AA and lowering Graphics Quality. ME's anti-aliasing and custom lighting engine are massive resource hogs at extreme resolutions.

I'm playing on a GTX 670 @ 1440x900 on Win 7 64-bit Steam. I run the game fine, but I run into this white screen issue nonetheless .

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2015, 14:16 

Hello I'm new to this forum, truthfully I haven't had any problems running any of the games I have bought in my native resolution of 2560x1080p. For some reason Mirror's Edge, which I purchased yesterday from Steam doesn't seem to want to run at 2560x1080, even though the option is given, it plays with black bars on the edges. can someone on this forume please help me to fix this? The game looks great in full 1080p I'd really like to try playing it at my resolution though. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next