Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Burnout Paradise
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2009, 16:46 
Editors
Editors

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: A
4k Grade: A

Read Full Detailed Report - Burnout Paradise

The first in the Burnout series to be ported to the PC, Burnout Paradise is an arcade driving/racing game. Unlock dozens of cars each featuring a detailed damage model and packing large amounts of "boost". Enter a challenge at every crossroad in Paradise City, from "orienteering" races to stunt contests - or freely roam the streets, train tracks, multiple-storey parking lots and buidings roofs in search of Super Jumps or "smashables" to add to your achievements list. With a host of community tools, modes and leaderboards, the game is also strongly oriented towards online multiplayer. The PC edition of Burnout Paradise is entitled The Ultimate Box as it contains the hotseat Party mode and the Bikes and Cagney packs in addition to the original game, whereas they were optional add-on packs on consoles.

4:3

16:10

16:9

21:9

3x1

Last edited by scavvenjahh on 05 Dec 2013, 03:48, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 03:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Certified.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009, 20:39 

ea has surprised me with a good port! almost a miracle! and it has proper widescreen support!!!!! its almost unreal, and its a cheap game too!

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2009, 05:23 

ea has surprised me with a good port! almost a miracle! and it has proper widescreen support!!!!! its almost unreal, and its a cheap game too!

Yep one of the best console->pc ports that ive ever played.

Post subject: Re: Burnout Paradise
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2010, 01:37 

Now if only i could figure out how to get it to display in a Windowed mode. :(

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 03:28 

My problem with this game is the inability to change resolutions out of few they setup. Sure there are aspect ratios such as 5:4, 4:3, 15:9, 15:10, 16:9, and 16:10 (as well as auto). There's no way for me to do 1920x720. There's no way for me to do 640x480. It seems great there's a way to do 800x600 @ 16:10 so if your screen isn't doing 1:1 pixels or if you want a lower resolution and there's no widescreen one, you can fake it. Problem is, there should be a widescreen res down there such as 848x477 or 1366x768 instead of the 6px off 1360x768.

What seems to be a huge issue is the limited range of resolutions and the range is only what they have hardcoded. An attempt at changing the resolution out of those set in the code will cause the program to switch to the highest resolution possible; not ideal in the least. I tried to fake it by doing 3 monitor mode, and it works up until the car appears. Since my resolution is 1920x1200, it doesn't seem to fake it well out of the menu because the lowest resolution isn't low enough to test it. You can emulate that should the game support a resolution with 640px width, but because of the limitation, I cannot test this.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 11:13 

Now if only i could figure out how to get it to display in a Windowed mode. :(

Sorry to double post, but I figure enough time has passed. I tried DXWnd to get the game to play in a Window. It worked great until the browser had to be loaded because that screwed everything up. I then tried 3D-Analyze and since I had the Steam game, it wouldn't work but my sister has the Retail version and it worked for her version, but not as you'd want. It just sat in the top-left almost as if it was your desktop background, but with no icons on it.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 12:12 
Editors
Editors

One of my fav games for sure, great fun with a force feedback wheel and 3 monitors to zoom around with.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 12:58 
Editors
Editors

Saturn2888, sorry for not replying to your previous post.
This thread is for discussing the Burnout Paradise Detailed Report. Windowed mode is a problem in a lot of games, esp. console ports - however this issue is unrelated to widescreen support or the above DR, so feel free to head to the Software Discussions or Tech Support sections of the Hardware & Software forum instead.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 12:22 

Saturn2888, sorry for not replying to your previous post.
This thread is for discussing the Burnout Paradise Detailed Report. Windowed mode is a problem in a lot of games, esp. console ports - however this issue is unrelated to widescreen support or the above DR, so feel free to head to the Software Discussions or Tech Support sections of the Hardware & Software forum instead.

Thanks, will do.