Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spore
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2008, 18:06 
Founder
Founder

Widescreen Grade: A
Ultra-Widescreen Grade: Incomplete
Multi-monitor Grade: B
4k Grade: B

Read Full Detailed Report - Spore

Spore is a multi-genre single-player god game developed by Maxis and designed by Will Wright. The game was released for the Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems in September 2008 as Spore. Covering many genres including action, real-time strategy, and RPG, the game allows a player to control the development of a species from its beginnings as a microscopic organism, through development as an intelligent and social creature, to interstellar exploration as a spacefaring culture.

It has drawn wide attention for its massive scope, and its use of open-ended gameplay and procedural generation. Throughout each stage, players are able to use various creators to produce content for their games. These can then be uploaded to the online Sporepedia ( http://www.spore.com/sporepedia ) and downloaded by other players.

4:3

16:10

16:9

3x1

Last edited by skipclarke on 31 Jul 2018, 20:17, edited 3 times in total.
Edit

Post subject: Spore: Detailed Report
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 02:45 

well, this may seem awkward, comming from me, since I gave such premature praise, before...

but I can't find a SINGLE triplehead resolution where, in Creature Phase, that the camera isn't spun 90 degrees and offset about 30 feet to the left. They have not fixed whatever the problem is, and dispite both my own and the OP's threads, this game SHOULD NOT BE CERTIFIED.

I have tried about 47890 times to repeat it, but after creating a new Creature Phase game on a new planet, that had the camera correct, upon shutting down and restarting the game, it always reboots at 2400x600; and regardless of what you change the resolution to, reverts to the left-looking camera.

I've deleted many, many files in the application data directories to get the stated results, and determined, in course, which ones retain play history. Now, it seems, no matter if I start a new planet or load an old one; and no matter what resolution I give it(if I can even get such resolution listed), the left-looking camera issue returns; again and again. :(

The OP's analysis was very thorough, going through all the various aspect ratios. Very good work! I must add, though, that upon reloading the game, (at least in my experience), the game will 'correct' something and
revert to the problem camera situation.

Thanks for reading. I hope someone is able to sort this out, as I'm now ready to put this game down, in disgust, yet again. Please don't read any disrespect into my entry of this thread. Perhaps a full un/reinstall will remedy my findings? I just want to save my main planet's progress.

Thanks.

Post subject: Spore: Detailed Report
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 04:04 
Founder
Founder

TripleHead up to 3840x1024 worked for me. Widescreen Certification doesn't require the game to work perfectly in TripleHead, or even work in TripleHead.