Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 3
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010, 23:25 

If I remember well:
I used the arrow keys to flip the pages.
I made my selection on the last page using the mouse.
I use a key (A ?) to exit the book...

If you can't get through with this information, I could try back in the game...

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 22:13 

I would like to contribute that I've tested the game extensively* on 2560x1600 and it plays wonderfully. The resolution was supported by the out-of-the-box version, and I noticed no glitches or anything.

*: read "loved and played the game until my fingers felt numb"

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 08:54 

I apologize for bumping this, but have been trying to play this again and one or two more issues.

Firstly, manually increasing the resolution to 6060x1080 has worked perfectly via the "isize=" line in fallout.ini and the fov is correct thanks to altering "fdefaultfov=" to 145.

These settings caused a few issues though...

1. HUD was not centered.
2. PipBoy could not be read due to blurriness
3. Terminals are too blurry to be read, and were far too zoomed in to exit.

Issue 1 was solved via editing the "isafe" lines. I found the values below to work well at 6060x1080 (bezel corrected).
Code:
iSafeZoneXWide=925
   iSafeZoneYWide=15
   iSafeZoneX=925
   iSafeZoneY=15

Issue 2 was half-solved. I reduced the blurriness by settings "fBlurIntensityPipboy=" and "fBlurRadiusPipboy=" to zero. It is still somewhat difficult to read though, I wonder if there is a way to make it 100% readable. Any ideas?
Code:
[Pipboy]
   fBlurRadiusPipboy=0
   fBlurIntensityPipboy=0
   fScanlineScalePipboy=50
   bEnableFlickerPipboy=1
   bUsePipboyMode=1

Issue 3 is also half solved. I managed to get the terminal to be visible in it's entirety on the screen by a simple edit of the "fRenderedTerminalFOV=" line to 0.25. The screen is still quite blurry though, and the cursor doesn't seem to match up to were your clicks actually happen.
Code:
fRenderedTerminalFOV=0.25

I hope some of the above may be useful (in particular being able to adjust the HUD) and maybe someone else can help me fix all these blurry menus.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2010, 23:40 

Anyone having trouble with the game crashing? Sometimes, can occur after 1 minute or 20 but my game always crashes :(
It looks like its freeing but nothing else happens and i have to ctrl + alt + delete because it stops responding. searched somewhat here but dident really find anything like this. Running the Uk version of the game i guess and latest patch :( Anyone else experiencing this?

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 22:21 

Anyone having trouble with the game crashing? Sometimes, can occur after 1 minute or 20 but my game always crashes :(
It looks like its freeing but nothing else happens and i have to ctrl + alt + delete because it stops responding. searched somewhat here but dident really find anything like this. Running the Uk version of the game i guess and latest patch :( Anyone else experiencing this?

I've had my share of crashes in the past. Generally patches have resolved most issues, but when that fails I find lowering some settings can reduce the frequency of crashes. If possible, try monitoring your memory usage (such as on a separate monitor) and see if it exceeds your installed memory.

Only other suggestion I can make is that you use quick-save frequently (F5 is the default key I believe).

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 18:26 

Ceogar wrote:
Anyone having trouble with the game crashing? Sometimes, can occur after 1 minute or 20 but my game always crashes
It looks like its freeing but nothing else happens and i have to ctrl + alt + delete because it stops responding. searched somewhat here but dident really find anything like this. Running the Uk version of the game i guess and latest patch Anyone else experiencing this?

I've had my share of crashes in the past. Generally patches have resolved most issues, but when that fails I find lowering some settings can reduce the frequency of crashes. If possible, try monitoring your memory usage (such as on a separate monitor) and see if it exceeds your installed memory.

Only other suggestion I can make is that you use quick-save frequently (F5 is the default key I believe).

And if you are using unoffical plugins all bets are off.

I hope some of the above may be useful (in particular being able to adjust the HUD) and maybe someone else can help me fix all these blurry menus.

This sounds like a known issue from before with the multi-monitor users. You may want to check the F3 threads in that section of the site.

Try this...
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=14785&p=143826&hilit=fallout+blur#p143826

PostPosted: 03 May 2010, 23:46 

Having problems with that game in 5760x1080. The main issue is - almost undreadable pipboy text and oversized computer terminals with the same cropped text. Need your help, folks :(

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 04:52 
Founder
Founder

Hey guys I am using 5760 x 1080 res and just got threw the baby book/character creation,
by playing threw this parts on standard res then saving and resuming with tri - moniter.
Are there going to be some trouble spots ahead in the game, or once you get past the book you are all set?

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2010, 22:39 

im having a problem with scoped weapons, i didnt even notice the baby book section because of the FWE mod

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2010, 12:36 

hello all

im running eyefinity on 3 x 24inch syncmasters. there all vertical and im running screen res of 3600x1920

i cant get fall out 3 to work and most other games are the same, even if i turn my monitors to widsescreen i get the same issue's.

any idea's are welcome, ive tried some stuff what you guys have posted on here and they dont work :(

got some games working with nps but some older stuff is pissing me off as older games kick more ass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next